Chapter 9

Narrator's POV

"Don't kill her"

"Ha? Why? Are you being sympathetic now?"

"No I'm not, master said was to spare her"

"Ha? WHY?! I MEAN LOOK AT HER, SHE'S FRESH!!"

"Master said was to spare her and bring her to him, we will gain more blood as a reward"

"Tch, I'm going to eat her"

The demon was about to kill Shinobu but he was killed by the other demon. Shinobu was surprised then many demons countered her until she's passed out.

Shinobu's POV

I opened my eyes and saw Aoi with a surprised face.

"Sh-Shinobu-sama, are you okay? You were asleep in a week" she said, worried.

"Yes. Aoi, what happened?" I asked her, then I look all over the room and there's no presence of the Water Pillar.

"You were unconscious. The Water Pillar said that you're being kidnapped by a demon but the Water Pillar saved you and that's why you're here" she said, a soft smile plastered on Aoi's lips.

'Kidnapped? Me?'

"Then, where's Tomioka-san?"

"He was discharged two days ago, he came back a while ago to train Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke"

Well, that's new. Training young ones like those three is gonna be hard. I wonder how he handle those three.

"Shinobu-sama, here's your medicine" she gave the cup and drank it. The door opened then Kanao appeared. I curved my lips into a smile.

"M-Master" she came in with the three little girls behind her.

"Are you okay, Shinobu-sama?" Naho asked.

"I'm okay, thanks for asking" I said softly. I really love these girls so much. I sat up and patted their heads. Then suddenly, Kiyo hugged me then all of them do the same. Sumi, Naho and Kiyo were sobbing. Kanao and Aoi tightened the hug.

"We thank the Water Pillar for saving you, Shinobu-sama. We can't do anything without you" Naho said while sobbing.

"Please don't leave us, Shinobu-sama" Sumi said while looking at me, her eyes full of tears. I feel sad and happy at the same time.

"Of course, I won't leave you" I said while hugging them. A tear escaped my right eye. These poor souls needs me. Then suddenly the door was burst open and it appears to be Mitsuri standing, hands covering her mouth. She ran to us and hug at the same time.

"Shinobu, I missed you" Mitsuri said. "I'm not going to forgive that demon who attempts to kidnap you and Thank God, Tomioka-kun saved you" she said, her face blushing.

"Yeah" I muttered. Then the hug session breaks.

"Shinobu-chan, let's go watch Tomioka-kun train those three. Can you stand?" she offered. I nodded in response. I step out of the bed and went to the backyard. The three girls went to the kitchen to make onigiris. I saw Tomioka-san and the three doing push ups.

"500!" the three said in unison.

"Another 100!" Tomioka yelled. Then they start pushing up again. I smiled at the sight I was seeing. It's really good to be at home. My eyes landed on Tomioka-san whose doing push ups. I should thank him for saving me. I'll treat him Salmon Daikon after this.

Their training session finished, I just sat down and watch them from afar. I keep staring at him, I don't know why. When his eyes landed on me, I froze in my spot and can't look away. Butterflies are fluttering in my stomach as he got closer. I can feel my face getting hotter. He kneeled in front of me, put his hand on my forehead.

Thump, Thump, Thump Thump......

My heart beats so fast like it wants to burst out. We locked our eyes for a long time. Then he decided to cut the awkwardness.

"Kochou, are you okay? Your face is red but temperature is normal" he said, keeping his cold facade.

I snapped and replied.

"I'm okay, thanks for your concern" I smiled nervously.

"Do you remember anything last night, Kochou?" he said, looking directly at my eyes. I glanced to the other way to remember but there's none. It felt like a dream.

"The only thing I remember is I was attacked and passed out" I said, looking down.

"Is that so?" he stood up and sat beside me. I hummed in response and look at the beautiful sky.

"Here's your onigiris, Shinobu-sama, Tomioka-sama" Sumi said and putting the tray of onigiris. We ate in a comfortable silence. I feel so calm and peaceful when I'm with him. However, I decided to break this silence, I smirked, knowing what to do. I started to poke his arm.

"Hey, Tomioka-san, Tomioka-san" I giggled and pokes him.

"Tomioka-san, earth to Tomioka-san" he's still eating, ignoring me. Now, I'm annoyed.

"Tomioka-san, please talk to me. You know, it's rude for not responding especially women, Tomioka-san" I said while poking him and showing my annoyed smile.

"Is this how you going to repay me after I saved you?" I halted my finger and stunned by what he said. My face beet red from embarrassment. I stopped poking him and look to the other way. It's so awkward sitting with him, I don't know what to say. Suddenly, he stood up, ignoring my presence.

'Seriously? This guy really irritates me' I thought.

"T-Tomioka-san" what? Why am I stuttering? He halted his steps, his back facing me.

"L-Let's eat salmon daikon together again, Tomioka-san" I stuttered again and clapped my hands nervously.

"Okay" he said and continued walking. I think they're going to start their training session again. I smiled as he accepted my invitation.

'This guy changed a bit'