Chapter 36

Giyuu's POV

The three of us ran, not letting our guard down. This place sure is horrible. My heart keeps thundering inside since the final battle started. I looked up and saw a crow flying above with a paper on its forehead.

"Kaaaaawww!!! In-" the crow was crushed by a certain demon. The demon made a perfect landing in front of us.

"KYOJUROOOOOOOOO!!!"

"AKAZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Flame Breathing, Second Form: Scorching Sun

I see, the demon that almost killed Renguko-san. This means we must defeat this demon before helping others. I jumped forward and chanted my owm breathe while the demon is focused to the other side.

Water Breathing, Fourth Form: Striking Tide

The demon faced me and kicked my abdomen. I gritted my teeth as I receive a painful kick and crashed nearby.

"Giyuu-san!!" I looked to the owner of the voice. Tanjiro performed a strike against the demon, Akaza.

Dance of the Fire God: Dance

I stood up immediately and lower myself a stance. I saw Akaza almost punched Tanjiro's face and Rengoku's attack to shield the boy.

"Trying to protect the boy, are you?" Akaza spoke.

Destructive Death: Air Type

Akaza throw invisible punches towards both me and Rengoku.

Water Breathing, Eleventh Form: Dead Calm

Flame Breathing, Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

But those punches passed beside me and hit the other rooms behind me. And it hit Rengoku's flame defense.

"Oh. I never seen that form before" he turned to me. "You're strong, what's your name?" the demon Akaza commented.

"I won't give you my name and plus, stop talking cause I hate talking" I replied.

"Really?! Then, I'll keep talking" he launched a direct attack to Tanjiro. Both of us protected the boy from his attack.

"If you want to kill Tanjiro, you have to get through us" We said in unison.

"Very well then. I'll kill you all"

Destructive Death: Compass Needle

We attacked him, synchronising our breathing and attacks to surround him. He started to deliver the counter attack by punching and kicking us. Akaza is incredibly strong but Sano was a lot stronger than this one.

Destructive Death: Annihilation Type

He began to punch us vigorously. I can keep up with him until I reach my limit and get over this soon. Akaza turned, aims my right flank and I successfully sliced his arm and jumped backwards. Then, I saw Rengoku and Tanjiro strikes again. As I put my strength in my legs, I dashed and strike with them.

Dance of the Fire God: Clear Blue sky

Flame Breathing, Second Form: Scorching Sun

Water Breathing, Second Form: Water Wheel

Tanjiro and Rengoku swung their blades upwards while I swung my blade downwards. Akaza was amused to our attacks and performed a counterattack.

Leg Type: Explosive Flurry

He kicks us one by one, it was a powerful one and crashed to the wooden doors. Suddenly, my eyesight blurs a bit as a scan the whole place to check on Tanjiro and Rengoku. As the blur fades away, Tanjiro was already laying down unconscious and Rengoku still standing but he bleeds. My heart beats so fast like a galloping horse, the heat temperature of my body rises. I noticed something that I've never seen before on Rengoku's neck up to his face. A mark?! A flame mark from his neck up to his right cheek. Both of us breathes heavily.

"I can't believe you all get stronger" I heard the demon spoke.

I prepare myself a stance and chanted my form. Rengoku did the same.

Water Breathing, Tenth Form: Constant Flux

My water dragon rotates the whole room and attacked Akaza as it roared.

Flame Breathing, Fifth Form: Flame Tiger

Rengoku's tiger almost devoured Akaza with its flame but it was stopped. My dragon disappeared too. Akaza's reflexes are way too high.

Dance of the Fire God: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance

Quite surprised that Tanjiro behead Akaza, however, it was still standing. Akaza began to stance himself and we saw a snow flake shape which means it will attack us again then his head..... came back.

"DO YOU THINK I LET YOU BEHEAD ME TO A BRAT LIKE YOU?!!"

Destructive Death: Disorder

This is bad. I quickly grabbed Tanjiro's color because he was closer to Akaza, he'll be dead right away if I don't get him out of Akaza.

Water Breathing, Thirteenth Form: Raging Seas

Flame Breathing, Forth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

Every punch has anger in it, which is bad. He came under and kick us one by one.

Leg Type: Flying Planet Thousand Wheels

That kick make us cough blood. I gritted my teeth in pain and agony. We can't act in a state like this.

"I shall end you, Tanjiro" I heard Akaza spoke as he stance himself.

I have to do something useful. Be useful.

You're the Water Pillar, be useful. I told myself.

I stood up and distract the demon to catch his attention.

Water Breathing, Twelfth Form: Gigantic Waves of Tsunami

He dashed towards me and I luckily blocked his attack with my sword because it was so damn fast. Akaza keeps punching me while I block his to buy some time for them to get up. Gladly, Tanjiro sliced his head off again.

Jts over now, don't regenerate. I thought as I look at the headless demon. Few minutes has passed, Akaza began to stance himself again. Both of us grabbed Tanjiro to stay away from the demon's during domain then it suddenly punched himself.

We finally won.

My eyesight began to blur and everything turned into black.

______________________________________

Narrator's POV

The Upper Moon One felt his fellow demon's presence lost.

"First it was Kaigaku now Akaza. Weak" he turned his head in front of him. A certain pillar faced him bravely with his sword pointing on him.

"Akaza-dono lost. How sad" tears streamed down from his eyes. "He was.. my best friend. We got along so great" he said while he sniffed.

"It's rude to interrupt me while I'm eating, little girl" smiled maniacally to her. Kanao was panting, her veins popped out from her temples, sweat slowly streamed down across her face. She pointed her sword to him.

"K-Kanao, I told you my plan, right? Why didn't you ju-"

"No. I... wanted... to protect you. I wanted to fight with you... and go home with like we used to. That's why... master... Shinobu nee-san. Let's avenge Kanae nee-san together" Kanao cutted her off and told her the things she want to say that comes from her heart.

Shinobu smiled at her words and stood up beside even she's at her worst state.

"I'm with you, Kanao"