Chapter 21

Giyuu's POV

Ruined houses, blood scattering unto the floor and an eerie presence filled the atmosphere. I panted, catching for air. I should have come here earlier. The eerie presence seems familiar to me.

'Sano'

"Well, well, well, look who's here. If it isn't the water pillar" I saw him walking forward. I launched an attack to him but he just kicked me and jump away. I crouch down holding my stomach.

"I won't fight you, not today"

"Why? Are you afraid facing your death?"

"No, my plan would be ruined if I will"

Plan? What plan? I thought.

"I have one favor to ask you it's about the Insect Pillar, your partner"

"Whatever you ask, she's got nothing to do with me."

"Stop lying you filthy human, I know you like her" I narrowed my gaze as he said that. "I wanted you to stay away from the Insect Pillar or else, she'll die" he said grinning widely. "And obtain the Eye and fight me, Water Pillar" he added.

The Eye? What is he talking about?

"It looks like sensei haven't told you about the Eye yet, how disappointing" I stood up, preparing my stance. I actually don't want to tell sensei about Sano because I'm afraid he'll slit his belly.

"Why? Why did you turn your back on Demon Slayer Corps?" I asked him.

"Why? HAHAHA! It's because I was jealous who's stronger than me, especially you, Tomioka Giyuu" anger filled Sano's voice, pointing out his sword to me. "I wanted to become a pillar, stronger than the Stone Pillar. I trained everyday but it was no use. I heard that sensei has this thing called The Eye that only water breath users can use. It makes you stronger so I stole it and ran away. I manage to overcome it's side effects and get used to it. After that, I spent my time killing demons to reach my goals yet I heard that there's a strong rookie 'the fox' who wears the fox mask, that was you, right?" I just fell silent and listened at his ramblings.

"Answer me, moron!" he raised his voice but I gave him silence. He gave me his intense glare and he continued.

"Tch, and so, I was making a plan to eliminate you and that time, I was on my way to your location and suddenly, Lord Muzan appeared and offered his blood to make me stronger. The truth is, I was the demon you faced when you almost died, I left because the sun was almost up." he paused for a minute and added "I hope you do what I said, stay away from the Insect Pillar or she'll die"

"That's impossible"

"How?"

He knows that Kochou is my partner on missions, it means there's a person who works with them and spying on the Butterfly Estate. How could a human works with a demon? No, they're using humans with an exchange deals. But who is it? If I spill some small details he'll figure it out.

"She's.... a strong woman"

"Are you dumb? HAHAHAHA! she's weak and easy to trample her jelly bones" he said, evily. This guy is getting on my nerves. Plus, he knows that Kochou has soft bones.

"You're the dumb one here" preparing to launch an attack.

"Huh?"

"She can kill demons despite her disadvantage. Don't underestimate her just because she has soft bones" I gathered all of my strength to my legs and launched an attack right to his face, he blocked me by his sword and his eyes widened.

"You're the weak one here, Upper Moon 2. It means there's someone who's more stronger than you" I jumped away from him. Pissed expression written on his face.

"Shut up! You know nothing about getting stronger" we attacked each other, forming breaths but that didn't caused me some serious injuries but minor cuts on some parts of my body.

"How about Muzan? You can't surpass him or even the Upper Moon 1. It means you're a weak piece of trash"

"Tch, SHUT UP!!" he attacked me with all his strength but I keep evading him.

"So what's your plan? That lame plan of yours. Is Muzan made that lame plan?" I asked him. I didn't know that talking a lot can be so exhausting. He didn't answer me but keeps releasing his attacks.

"Do you want me to call you 'weakling'? Fine then. Hey weakling, is Muzan made your lame plan?" I saw his veins grew long on his forehead, yeah, I made him mad to spill his plan.

"THE PLAN IS TO USE HUMANS AND BURN THE BU-" he suddenly stopped and covered his mouth with his left hand. I charged at him. He's quite intelligent yet dumb at the same time.

Water Breathing Fourth Form: Striking Tide

I successfully cut all his arms and legs but unfortunately, not his head. He healed all his limbs and looked at me with his evil eyes.

"You.....will pay for this. If you don't step away from the Insect Pillar, she'll die"

"Then, I'll stay beside her to protect her"

"That's impossible, the rest of the girls will die too" it's my turn to get pissed. He used the girls to keep me away from Kochou. Tch. He turned his back on me.

"And I can't wait for sensei to slit his belly for me" my eyes widened at his words and then he vanished. It's almost morning. I rushed back to Mt. Sagiri to see sensei. He better not slit his belly just because of his selfish student. For now, I didn't care about my bruises, all I want is to see sensei alright and alive. I sped my tracks yet the bruises is keeping me from it.

Sensei, please, don't die