Storytelling

You decided to break the tension before Katniss got suspicious by speaking first.

"Katniss right?" You exclaim, "What you did last year was pretty impressive, you're killer with that bow!"

You grin, thinking that you'd made a friend but Katniss seemed a little stubborn.

Instead of smiling back at you, the young woman itches the back of her neck anxiously.

With all the colour drained from her face, she almost looked ill.

"Are you alright?" You ask, seeing her face fall.

"Yeah, it's not your fault or anything but I'm just sick of all this killing." She says, slumping herself against the ledge beside the others.

"Trust me, we all are." Johanna says, sighing.

As soon as Katniss looks away from you, Johanna gives you a glare that said, 'Don't tell her anything.. she can't know.'

You give her a swift nod in return before turning back to district 12's only female victor.

"Where's Peeta then?" You ask her politely.

"Oh he was asleep, didn't really want to wake him." She declares before changing the subject, "What are you all doing on the roof then?"

"We just wanted some time to talk, you know, away from 'the generous gaze of the capitol'" Johanna says the last five words in an awful capitol accent and you couldn't help but giggle.

The others did likewise.

Before you knew it, the lot of you were chatting about life in your districts, telling stories never heard before by the other eleven districts.

Even Finnick had a couple of gruesome stories from the capitol about people ranging from common killers to the president himself.

Johanna told a story about how thirteen guys from district seven were killed by the peace-keepers when they couldn't figure out which one of them had committed the crime.

"And what was the crime?" Katniss asks, engrossed in the story telling.

"Stealing an apple." Blight answers, looking at the floor.

"And no one's gone up against these guys?" You ask, "It's wrong."

"Everything about the society we live in is wrong," Wiress mumbles.

After hearing things about the districts, you realised why Snow had never wanted anyone in the districts finding out about the others.

He was afraid.

The whole capitol was afraid of what the districts could do if they worked together.

'Worked together' sounds like a lame thing that someone would say in a cringy capitol cartoon but you knew that it was the only way for the world to be made better.

It was such a shame that none of you could return home to tell the districts about it.

Actually, Katniss and Peeta could.