19. BURN

Mariann turned frantically before, looking for anywhere she could take cover. He heart rang in her ears.

She was about to bolt to a few trees when a was flung to the side roughly by her master's water force. Trying to get up she looked around to see that an arrow had flown right at her and landed in a tree instead.

More arrows came rushing towards both of them, making Rowan build up round barriers of water around them.

"Change of plan! Come back!"

Breaking down the water bubble Mariann forced her feet to move over behind Rowan.

"Stay close to the water," he commanded scanning the woods for enemies.

Coming out, from behind trees and bushes, came a group of people beginning to emerge from around them. With their backs facing the lake, Rowan couldn't tell which ones were fire wielders. The Lord thought about retreating onto the lake but it would cost him too much power and he'd have to hold Mariann the entire time.

The men surrounding them were dressed like peasants with weapons in form of axes and swords.

"KILL THEM!" One of the men shouted raising his sword as they all began racing towards them.

Mariann's heart seemed to stand still.

Rowan whipped his water-laced sword in a half-circle around them causing water to fly at the enemies in all directions.

The drops sliced a few of them that were closing in. But it seemed to only have completely taken down one or two.

The first man to reach Rowan tried stabbing Rowan right in the chest but was impaled by a spike of water, causing him to scream out and collapse in front of his feet.

Rowan jumped back almost bumping into Mariann to dodge another blow by someone else. Mid jump, he swung his hand slicing the enemy's chest open with his sword.

Mariann took a few steps back coming closer to the shores of the lake, trying to give her master space to fight.

Another two came charging at Lord Rowan from left and right. He swung his sword with such force against the swordsman to his right that his weapon flew out of his hand and caused his wrist to bend back painfully, making him scream. In the same motion Rowan ducked, turned, and impaled the man attacking from the other side.

Rowan could barely blink when another man he hadn't seen coming brought his sword down on his armored shoulder, which slid off making a loud metal noise and cut into his trapezoid muscle, making him shout out.

"ARGH," he groaned, turning to stab the man who was trying to pull the sword out of his shoulder.

"ENOUGH!" Lord Rowan roared, commanding a huge mass of water from the lake to impale everything in a range of 10 meters in front of him.

Screams and shouts echoed through the woods as their enemies all fell to the ground either hysterically screaming in pain or lifelessly slumping over.

"FUCK!" Rowan shouted ripping the sword which's blade was still lunged in his shoulder out causing blood to spill down his arms and chest.