Chapter 5: Auntie Ella

The restaurant that we were in, was a fine dining. It was the first time that I was coming here. Upon having a look at the menu, I instantly realised that my choice of food was going to be limited.

Lobster Cave.

Why didn't it ring a bell?

I had always heard that pregnant women can't have seafood. I was a sucker for lobsters and prawns but I was not going to take any risk with my baby. My eyes scanned the menu and it stopped on the only safe option.

"I think that I'll have the Victorian lamb" I said out loud.

"I'm having the King Lobsters on the beach" Jason responded, his eyes still scanning the menu card.

"The beach is the prawn mousse, right?" Ella asked, quite intrigued.

"I think so" Jason responded.

"Hello there, are you ready to order?" We all turned our attention to the waiter who was standing there with a big contagious smile on his face.

"I guess we are" I responded. "We're having the Salt and Pepper Calmari, The King Prawns and the lobster bruschetta as entrée" I said while looking at the text I just sent Julien to remember. "And we're having one Victorian Lamb, One King Lobsters on the beach, one wild mushroom risotto and one rib-eye filler with the King Prawns" I said with a smile.

"We would also like to have a bottle of the best champagne that you've got" Ella chirped in. The waiter nodded with a bright smile.

"So we'll be sending the entrée and the bottles of champagne first. Then when you're finished with the entrée, we will send the mains out. Then you can order your dessert" The waiter said. He seemed to be very organized. We all nodded in agreement as he slight nodded his head back before walking away.

"I feel so blessed to be with you all here today" Ella sighed in contentment. I frowned and watched as Julien does the same, except he added his confused little head tilt to the frown. Jason simply shook his head then stared at the menu card.

"Likewise, Ella boo" Julien suddenly responded, making me choke on my own saliva. Even Ella seemed completely surprised by his words. Julien turned to look at me then shrugged. "If you can't beat them, join them" He said in defeat.

"What do you mean exactly?" Ella asked.

"I have to accept your stupidity at some point" Julien said casually. As I watched them bicker, my mind wandered away. I have to tell Ella that I was pregnant. I didn't want her to feel like I didn't value her enough in my life to tell her about something so important. I cleared my throat, lifted my glass of water in the air then smiled. I was going to announce it positively.

No fear.

No Sadness.

My baby was my bundle of happiness.

I could feel my future growing alongside with my baby.

"I have something to say" I finally said before rolling my lips in my mouth in nervousness. They all turned to look at me with smiles on their faces and anticipation growing in their eyes. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by these people today.

"What is it? An announcement?" Jason asked.

"Yes" I simply answered.

"How big is it?" Ella asked.

"The announcement or my penis?" Jason asked, making Julien smack himself on his forehead. I laughed at Ella's face as she simply shook her head in pure pity.

"You're lucky that I took you" Ella sighed.

"Took me?" Jason scoffed. "My Lady, I have a queue of women waiting for me" He gestured to behind him. Ella rolled her eyes.

"Then why are you sitting here with me?" She asked while shooing him away.

"Because I chose you" Jason shrugged.

Oh my Lord.

They were so cute.

"Coming back to Luna, Your announcement?" she enquired excitedly.

Oh yeah, my announcement.

"Why don't you take a guess?" Julien proposed.

"You know?" Ella asked Julien with a frown on her face.

"Didn't really have the choice in that matter" Julien admitted. I rolled my eyes then stared at Ella, who was now tapping her chin in intrigue.

"A new business?" She tried. I quickly shook my head, making her tilt her head in confusion.

"You're moving away?" Jason tried.

"Why would I?" I asked.

"This was my guess, don't question it" Jason muttered. I chuckled at his words and turned my attention back to Ella.

"Give me a hint" She said.

"It's going to be very big" I offered. "And round" I added with a wink. Elle seemed to bug at this very moment. Her eyes moved from my face to my tummy. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lips.

"No" Ella simply said. Her voice was so low that I could barely hear. "I hope you're not joking" She continued.

"I didn't get it" Jason quickly intervened.

"I am not" I smiled.

"You're not joking or pregnant?" Ella asked. I could see that the bubbles of excitement was threatening to burst.

"I am not joking" Ella jumped on her feet and began clapping her hands. At this moment, she didn't care whether people was going to look at her weirdly or in a judgmental way.

"Wait, who's pregnant?" Jason asked.

"I am" I responded timidly. I watched as he froze. His eyes moved to my tummy and a frown formed on his face. Ella was already crying. Her bum was back on her seat as she wiped her cheeks.

"I can't believe that I am going to be Auntie Ella" She cried softly while wiping her face, not caring about her make up. "Oh my God, I have so many questions" Ella started.

"For example, does the father know?" Jason asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, he doesn't" I simply responded with a shrug. "But he will" I added

"Leave the questions for later. Let's enjoy this dinner" Julien proposed as we saw the waiter approaching with our entree and bottle of champagne.

"I have one last question" Ella asked as she wiped the smudged make up under her eyes.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Why does this fucker know this before me?" She asked while pointing at Julien.