Chapter 45: Hades Moment

"She plays too fucking much" Hades grumbled tiredly as we walked in our room. The window was fixed and Alpha was already sleeping on the bed. With a sigh, Hades loosened his tie then sat on his side of the bed, making our puppy open his eyes in surprise. "Come here" Hades said softly while pulling the poor sleepy puppy to him. Somehow, Alpha started wiggling his tail when Hades started playing with him.

Sleep was all gone.

"She is lost" I commented on his previous words concerning Ella.

"That's just an excuse" He scoffed as he rose his head to look at me. I quickly made my way to the bed and jumped on the other side of the bed. Alpha rolled on his back as Hades tickled his tummy. We have been able to convince Julien to stay over. He accepted reluctantly, not forgetting to mention that he was going to leave early. Despite my several attempts to know how this whole situation between Julien and Ella started, I had gotten no response. Julien made it clear that it was not the right time for me to discuss about things that were not important.

"You look tired" I pointed out as Hades rolled over so that he was now on his side.

"How can you not be tired after all this?" He questioned in disbelief. My fingers found their way into his thick hair. I subconsciously started playing with each and every strand as I closed my eyes, enjoying the calm after the storm.

"I am tired" I admitted. My eyes opened when I felt hands on my waist. Hades scooted himself closer to me, his forehead now touching mine.

"We will get through this" Hades told me firmly. The determination was glimmering in his eyes. He squeezed my hands and inhaled deeply. "You and our baby, will have a normal life. No threats or fear to get out. Nothing. I want you to know that" my eyes widened at his words. I didn't know where he was getting at.

"For the moment, I am enjoying what life is giving me. I have you. I have my mother and my best friends and I have this beautiful baby on the way" I smiled. "These threats, they're not my priority. Don't make it yours" I told him.

"Luna. Sweetheart, I am supposed to protect you. You are supposed to feel safe with me. I feel utterly useless" Hades shook his head. I could see  that he was feeling bad for not being able to do more than he was already doing.

"You are doing everything that you can. I am grateful for that. At times, you cannot control everything" I shrugged. "And you need to accept that" Hades was staring at me, drinking in my words. "And I am very well surrounded" I added teasingly. "You've made sure of that. I mean, nearly all of our guest rooms are taken tonight" I chuckled.

"True" Hades frowned. "But I don't want you to stress yourself about Ella and Julien. They are adults" he explained.

"They're ruining their friendship" I then muttered in realisation. Ella and Julien had never argued that much in the past.

"Love, this is their problem. I don't want you to get all messed up because of these" Hades told me firmly. I understood perfectly where he was coming from. "Your group of friends has always been this messed up" Hades then pointed out tauntingly, making me gasp in offence.

"It has not!" I exclaimed in defence.

It has.

"Shall I remind you of the whole Jace fiasco?" Hades chuckled, earning a groan from me. He was indeed right. "The only one who seems quite decent is Julien" he added, pretending to be hesitant on that point as well.

"Quite decent?" I cried out in disbelief. "I am so going to tell him" I blurted out, making Hades laugh. Deep down, Hades had grown closer to Julien during these past few months. Julien had that childlike personality that could make anyone grow protective of him.

"Please do. I will remind you tomorrow" Hades said before pecking my lips. These moments that I got to spend with Hades, were everything I could hope for.

"I think that this is the time I await the most during the day" he breathed as he stared at me right into the eyes. The sincerity was burning in his eyes. I caressed his cheek, my eyes slowly scanning his beautiful features. It was still hard for me to believe that this man was going to be the father of my child.

"I love you, Hades Reigns" I said softly as his hands found their way to my waist. He gently massaged my skin, making my eyes close as the relief hit me. From massaging my skin, his hand slowly crept its way to the zipper of my dress. He opened it, then slowly pulled my dress off me. He then got off the bed and quickly took his clothes off as well. He pulled the blanket and swiftly got on the bed. "I assume you're too tired to change" I chuckled in amusement at how excited he suddenly look, just to get in bed.

"Come here" he whispered as he placed his head on his pillow and patted his chest. I got under the blanket, placed my head on his chest and closed my eyes as a sigh of relief escaped his lips. I could hear his rhythmic heartbeat. It was so soothing that I yawned, making my eyes go all teary. "Good night, love" Hades kissed my head as his fingers were playing with my hair. I moaned at how good it felt. I wanted all of my nights to be like this. Hades were the home I wanted to be at.

"Good night, Mr Reigns" I whispered. Hades shuffled a bit, trying to reach the light switch, and soon, the room plunged into an absolute darkness.

Tomorrow was another day.

For another problem.