Chapter 32: Baby Brain

I was sitting on the balcony, staring at the sky with no intention of going to bed anytime soon. I stared at my watch, then scoffed when I realised that it was around 2 in the morning. It's been a while that I have had one of the sleepless nights where my mind would keep running all over the place.

I stared at my phone screen and debated on whether I was to call Hades or not. The time was the least of my concern. It has been hours that I have been trying to gather my courage to call Hades. Today was hard. I was still mad at him but I needed to be the bigger person.

Hades had the right to know everything about my pregnancy.

"Fuck it" I muttered then simply dialled his number. Maybe now was the right time to admit that I decided to call late, so that it was less probable that he was going to pick up. I had high hopes that he would be asleep. I could feel the stress slowly escaping my body when Hades was not picking up.

"Luna?"

I spoke too soon.

"Is everything alright?" He quickly questioned. I could sense the worry in his tone. I gulped, closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I stared at the sky again, with the hope of not having another argument.

"There's something I need to tell you" I said softly. He remained quiet. I could hear his slowly breathing through the phone.

"What's wrong?" He asked again, his worry increasing. My breath hitched when I felt a small movement in my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach and smiled. "Why aren't you sleeping? Are you good, Luna?" Hades pressed, sounding impatient.

"I am perfectly good" I told him, my hands moving around my tummy, trying to get our little baby to move again. "Our baby is moving" I told him, without hiding the happiness in my tone. For the moment, I wanted to enjoy that with him. I wanted him to enjoy that moment as well.

"What do you mean?" Hades asked, sounding confused.

"Our baby is moving. I can feel him" I said, feeling my tears building up at the corner of my eyes. When I was saying it out loud, realisation struck me. Soon, I was sobbing over the phone. "I don't even know if I am happy or sad, Hades" I suddenly cried. I could feel all the emotions getting mixed up in my head. I was frustrated, happy and sad.

"I'm coming" Hades simply said before hanging up. I stared at the phone, sobbed a little bit more before wiping my tears.

I wanted my Happy Ending.

With the love of my life, by my side.

Why did it have to be so hard?

I walked back inside the house, put my night gown on and walked out of my bedroom. The house was dark, with just the moonlight lightening some part of the corridor. I cautiously and silently tiptoed my way down the stairs with my phone in my hand.

Once I reached the front door, I turned the door knob and winced when it made a freaking loud noise. How was I going to explain to my mother that Hades was on his way at this time? I turned around and observed the stairs for a few seconds.

Phew!

I didn't bother to close the front door as I sat down on the porch, waiting for Hades to come. I most probably looked desperate but I missed him. I longed for his touch but I needed to be strong. I needed him to realise that respect is important in a relationship. He might haven't been in a relationship before, but now he is. My phone pinged, breaking me from my trail of thoughts. I frowned when I saw a message pop up from Jace.

'Are you alright there?' Jace messaged, making me instinctively raise my head to look at his window. He was standing there, staring and waving at me awkwardly.

'Yes. Thank you for asking' I texted back before waving. I could see his screen light up, making his facial expression noticeable to me. He had a frown in his face.

'What are you doing outside at this time?' Jace messaged back.

'Waiting for Hades' I simply texted back. His frown disappeared from his face.

'You could have waited inside. It's safer' Jace replied. I stared at his message before internally agreeing. I didn't really think about my safety. It was too late to go inside as Hades' car came into view.

'Thank you for checking on me' I quickly texted back before standing up. Hades walked out of the car and locked it before walking to me. He quickly scanned the surrounding before glaring in my direction.

"What are you doing outside?" Hades grumbled as he reached me.

"I was waiting for you" I responded softly and watched as his eyes softened at my response. He closed his eyes, stepped closer to me then motioned me to walk inside.

"It's not safe, Luna" he breathed as if it was obvious and that I was stupid.

"I didn't think about that" I admitted.

"Baby brain?" He asked. Was it amusement that I could see glimmering in his eyes? It felt good to see him like this. Somehow, with Hades, I didn't know what to expect. I quickly walked inside, followed by him. He closed the door with a loud bang, not caring about waking my mother up.

"Are you serious?" I grumbled as I glared at him.

"I didn't think about that" he mimicked me with a shrug. I wanted to chuckle but I simply rolled my eyes and motioned him to walk up the stairs. We both walked to my bedroom and this was when realisation struck me. A stupid realisation. 

Hades Reigns has never been into my bedroom.

I was nervous.

I was carrying that man's baby for God's sake.

What the hell was I nervous for?