Chapter 29: Office Hour

As I walked into the building, I was greeted by the familiar faces of the employees that worked in our company. The receptionists, Hemma and Margaret, both gasped and grinned when they saw me walking in.

"Luna!" Hemma greeted cheerfully. I have always had a friendly relationship with them rather than a professional one as I was an intern here. In simple words, there is no boss-employee stigma. Hemma quickly ran from behind her desk and wrapped me in a warm hug. She was in her early thirties I believe. Her hazel eyes contrasted perfectly well against her brown skin.

"Hemma! How have you been?" I asked happily.

"I am good! What about you? We heard the news! I can't believe that you're having a little baby soon" Hemma said, excitement coating her words. She was from India and she did had a cute accent that I absolutely loved.

"I'm excited" I said honestly as I felt a small jolt of happiness when I thought about my little baby. "Who would have thought?" I chuckled.

"Who would have thought" Margaret repeated in agreement from her seat. "A baby, Luna? Seriously?" She questioned in confusion as she stared at me. Margaret has always been against having children.

She calls them little monsters.

"Heated moment" I chuckled. "No regrets though" I added. I could see the amusement glimmering in her eyes despite the fact that she kept her face straight.

"You'll be a great mother. We've met yours" Margaret shrugged. I smiled at her words and continued my way to the elevator.

"I'll meet you girls later" I said and they both waved at me.

Ping!

The door of the elevator opened and to my surprise, a man was already standing in there. I didn't recognise him but nonetheless, I stepped in the elevator and smiled at the man. His blond hair was gelled back and his black suit was doing a good job at doing an emphasis on his muscles.

"Good morning" he greeted. "I'm Oliver. I believe that you're Luna" he continued. I pressed the button that lead to the main office.

My mother's office.

"Good morning" I greeted back as I turned slightly to have a proper look at Oliver. He placed his hand in front of me, wearing one of the brightest smile I have ever seen in my entire life. He had a dimple on his left cheek when he smiled.

"I am your mother's secretary. I will be assisting you during your entire time here" Oliver said.

Mother, You have some good taste.

Oliver, the Secretary.

"That would be very nice, Oliver" I said as the ping of the elevator was heard again. The door opened and we both stepped out.

"We have a meeting in thirty minutes. I have left the folder about the company that we will be dealing with. This is about the expansion of the RedBoat Winery. I have made some notes for you that I have placed next to the folders" Oliver said. My eyes widened at how computerised Oliver suddenly sounded. I nodded. "If you have any questions, you can just call me in your office. I am just next door" he chuckled as he pointed towards the office that was next to my mother's.

"Thank you Oliver" I said gratefully as he did seem very serious about his job. I walked to the office and opened to door to see that there was already someone inside. I frowned as the man's back was facing me.

But that back was familiar.

I would recognise him anywhere.

"Hades" I greeted in confusion. He turned around to look at me, his jaw clenched for a few seconds before he relaxed them. His eyes scanned me again, from head to toe before setting on my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked to the table.

A soft knock on the door, brought our attention to it. Oliver peaked inside and when I motioned him to come in, he forced a smile before awkwardly wobbling in the office. "I also forgot to let you know that Hades Reigns had a meeting with your mother scheduled" he said. I mentally rolled my eyes but quickly smiled.

"That's alright. I had figured it out" I told Oliver. He nodded before walking out of the office.

"What are you doing here, Luna?" Hades questioned again. I sat on the chair, faced him and smiled.

"I am working, Hades" I told him. "I'm giving my life some purpose. I want to do something" I said honestly. Hades sighed before leaning his back against the back of the chair. He did look intimidating in his black suit. "My mother did not inform me about this meeting with you" I told him, after clearing my throat.

"Your mother never schedule meetings with me, Luna. She makes time for it" Hades said. This time, I rolled my eyes at how arrogant he sounded. I knew that he was very good at what he did.

In all domain.

All.

But he didn't have to be conceited about it.

"Calm down, Hades" I simply retorted. I was not going to allow him to speak to me like this, despite the situation between us. Hades was literally hot and cold. I didn't know how to tackle him. Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, the phone on the table rang. I stared at it, contemplating if I should answer it in Hade's presence. It was Oliver. Wouldn't he find it disrespectful?

Since when was I scared of Hades' reaction?

I picked up the call, stared at Hades and waited for Oliver to talk. Hades clenched his jaw again. He does that a lot. I must really get on his nerves.

Good on him.

"Yes, Oli?" I said through the phone. I gave Oliver a nickname just to piss Hades off.

Yes. I knew how to be toxic too.

"Miss Lapin is here" Oliver told him. I sighed in exasperation, pushed my hair off my face and stared at Hades.

Who the Fuck was Lapin now?