Chapter 8: 2 a.m.

What was I thinking about?

I tapped my screen to look at the screen. It was two in the morning. I leant my head on my steering wheel and wiped my cheeks. It was definitely my hormones. Guilt was eating me up. I was afraid that Jason might tell Hades everything. I wanted to be the one to tell him.

But I feel so bad.

The moment I knew that Hannah might not be pregnant with Hades' baby, I had hope blooming inside of me. Here I was, sitting in my car, in front of his house. I couldn't sleep. I wanted to see him. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to have my little family.

With him.

I was trying so hard to be strong. Or worst, to seem strong. But I wanted my child to have their father by their side. The rain was pouring outside. I sat straight and wiped my tears away. My eyes moved down my body. I was wearing just an oversize jumper over my underwear. My hormones were really kicking in. One moment I was in bed, staring at the ceiling and now here I was, parked in front of Hades' house. All the lights were off in his huge house.

It was now or never.

If I was going to back out today, I was never going to tell him. I wouldn't have the guts. I wanted to tell him first. Hades didn't deserve to know about this knew someone else. My fingers moved to my tummy. I slowly caressed it as one tear rolled down my cheek. I took a deep breath and opened the door of the car. The rain was pouring heavily. It was a matter of seconds before my hair was completely drenched.

Closing my eyes, I lifted my head to the sky, letting the rain pour itself on my face. My tears were mixing with the droplet of rain. I threw my phone back on the driver's seat before slamming the door shut. I was feeling extremely cold at this point. I wrapped my arms around myself as I ran to the front door.

The immense door stood in front of me intimidatingly. I gulped as I stared at the doorbell. Suddenly, I could saw some light lit up inside. My eyes widened in shock. Would I have the time to run back to my car? Just as I was contemplating to run, the door burst open. My heart dropped when I saw Hannah standing in front of me.

At 2 a.m. in Hades' house.

From behind of her, Hades emerged with a frown on his face. He was shirtless. His eyes were red and he seemed to have gotten some dark circles. The confusion that was written on both of their faces, showed that I most probably looked like a mess.

"What are you doing here?" Hannah asked me. It didn't sound rude or mean. She sounded like she was genuinely concerned. She didn't look good herself. She was shivering. Her eyes were puffy.

"I-I had to speak to Hades" I stammered as I hesitantly pointed to him. I was still trying to process what was happening here. Hades and Hannah were together.

Jason lied?

"Well, go on. I'm leaving" Hannah muttered. I turned around quickly to see that there was no cars around. Hannah seemed upset. She started stomping out of the house and I quickly held on her elbow.

"Where are you going?" I asked her, quite concerned because she was indeed pregnant.

"To my house, Luna" Hannah responded.

"What the fuck are you both doing here?" Hades demanded from behind us. I turned around to look at him for a few seconds. He looked angry. From what I was understanding, Hannah just came here as well.

"I wanted to apologize!" Hannah sobbed. She was holding a green pullover in front of her rounded tummy. "I should have never involved you in all that. I panicked" she said while wiping her tears away.

What the fuck is happening?

"But you did, Hannah. If you told me the truth, I would have supported you" Hades simply said, without any emotions.

"You're not pregnant with his baby" I whispered more to myself that to Hannah. Realization was hitting me. "Julien?" I questioned hesitantly. Hannah nodded.

"How did you know?" She asked. I turned to look at Hades. He was very cold. Everything in me, was telling me to back off.

To give him time.

"Julien knows" I simply said. Her eyes widened. "Do you mind if we come inside?" I asked Hades politely and very formally. He clenched his jaws as he stared at me. "She's pregnant" I hissed when I saw that he was hesitating. I held on Hannah's hand to make sure that she wasn't running away.

We didn't need a pregnant lady out there, in the rain, at 2 in the morning , do we?

As soon as Hades reluctantly moved out of the way, I helped Hannah to the kitchen. I quickly walked around his kitchen, trying to see where his appliances were kept. "I am going to make you something warm" I quickly told her.

"Why are you so nice?" Hannah asked me, with a frown on her confused face. Hades walked in the kitchen, his arms crossed across his chest. He looked tired and ready to kick us out.

"Trust me, I'm not" I breathed. I was feeling cold now. My clothes and my hair were completely drenched.

"What are you doing here?" Hades asked. He was standing by the door as I pour down the water in the cup and mixed the milk chocolate powder with it. I handed it to Hannah and once that was done, I wrapped my arms around myself instinctively to keep some warmth to myself. I couldn't feel my legs. Why was his house heated?

"I needed to talk to you" I said while shivering.

"You have to wait three weeks for that?" Hades asked without any emotions while walking to the heating switch. He turned it on then picked up the main telephone from the side wall. He dialed a number of the phone before pressing it to his ears. I didn't know what to do.

"I want the car out in five minutes, ready to drop Miss Hannah at her place" Hades ordered over the phone. I stared at the mug that was still in Hannah's hand. It was still full. Hannah put the mug on the table and turned to look at Hades.

"I am so sorry, Hades" She apologized. "And I apologize to you to Luna" she whispered.

"Give Julien a call, will you?" I asked politely. She nodded before walking out, leaving Hades and I alone.