Chapter 27: Blue Rose

"I don't understand" Julien said in frustration as he sat on the bed. During these past months, so many things have change. It's been a month that Julien had found himself his own apartment. He was also working in our company and my mother wanted to make him take the lead. My mother was sad when he moved out but Julien also made it a priority to come visit my mother quite often. "I really don't understand" he repeated.

"I get it Julien. You don't understand" I mumbled while squishing my face in my pillow. Ella was sitting on the floor. Jason was supposedly at our house.

I mean, Hades' house.

"Don't you feel like you overreacted?" Ella asked while scrolling down her phone. I pushed the pillow away from my face to look at her.

"You would have accepted all this?" I asked in disbelief.

"Bitch, I would have accepted everything" Ella scoffed as she turned her attention to me. She seemed amused.

"That's because you don't have any self respect" Julien muttered. "For fuck sake, do you hear yourself talking?" He then said before turning his attention to me. "I honestly think you shouldn't have left" He told me. "Hades doesn't even realise what is wrong or right in a relationship" he said. I nodded as I already knew that. I wiped my tears away. "And stop crying because you guys didn't break up" he continued.

"I hope Hades knows that" Ella chirped in. My eyes widened at her words. "I mean, maybe he thinks that you broke up with him" she added.

"I'll have a chat with him" Julien quickly reassured. I shook my head.

"Let's stop talking about this" I suggested then wiped my face dry with my sleeve. I placed my hands on my tummy, enjoying the warmth of my little baby.

It's alright, baby. Mummy and Daddy are gonna have arguments at times.

And we will get through it.

Hopefully.

"Jason is here" Ella told us while standing up. "I'll try to get all the information and text them to you" she said as she made her way to the door. Julien watched her go with a frown on her face.

"I swear she's refusing to grow up" he whispered more to himself than to me. That was Ella in all her splendour. Before I could see her, I could her her heels tapping on the floor as she made her way to my bedroom. Julien straightened himself when my mother walked in. She was always so pretty.

"How are you feeing?" She asked softly. I could see that she was worried about me. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I didn't want to give any unnecessary stress to my love ones.

"I am good. Sad but good" I admitted. "I am grateful that Julien is here" I added. My mother's eyes switched from me to Julien and offered him a smile.

"I've always been here, Luna" Julien shrugged. "You look so ugly when you cry, I swear" he then added in amusement. I playfully hit him on his left shoulder. A chuckle escaped his lips as he swatted my hand away. "The worst is that it's true" he laughed and got off the bed.

"It's not!" I exclaimed as I threw the pillow on his face.

"Your nose scrunch weirdly" Julien laughed. His laughter was so contagious that I couldn't help but laugh along.

"Actually, it does" my mother agreed, making me gasp in utter disbelief. Even my own mother was teaming up against me. It felt good to have them around. It was getting my head off things. I watched as my mother opened his hand bag and pulled out a rose and an envelope.

The rose was blue.

"What is this?" I questioned, our amusement subsiding. My mother shrugged.

"I saw it on our porch and it was addressed to you" she told me while holding the rose. Julien took the envelope and the blue rose out of my mother's hand using his handkerchief.

"Never touch something if you're not sure where it comes from" Julien told my mother. I frowned at how commanding and serious he sounded. My mother's eyes widened.

"I assumed that it was from Hades" she said. Julien opened the envelope then pulled the piece of paper out.

"Read it" I said and watched as he frowned.

"Luna.

My dearest Luna.

You're so stupid. But your stupidity makes my happiness! What can I say? The further you are, the better it is. I have sent you a rose today. A blue rose. It's rare. It is rare like Hades. Hades is my blue rose.
I have sent you one as a replacement. He doesn't need you in his life. Nor he needs this baby. You were offering him a life that he will not be happy in.

For our happiness, stay where you are.

Or die.

We don't care.

From Mrs Reigns"

As soon as Julien was done reading the letter, I exhaled, trying to take in all the information that I have just received.

It was true that Hades Reigns was a rare piece.

I stared at the blue rose.

It was beautiful.

"The person sending all these is sick" My mother breathed in worry. My eyes refused to leave the blue rose. That sick person was getting off our pain.

"You're only giving her what she wants" Julien pointed out before crumbling the piece of paper in his hand. I quickly shook my head and pulled it out of his hand.

"We need to give it to Hades" I told Julien who grinned.

"And here I thought you were going to tell me not to let him know" Julien chuckled then patted my head as if I was a puppy. "You're growing up" he said while wiping a non-existent tear by the corner of his left eye. I rolled my eyes.

"Can you call him to tell him?" I asked and watched as his face dropped.

"I take back my words. Call him, Luna" Julien sighed before handing me my phone.