23.Growing feelings

It's hurts,
it really hurts when you cannot understand your own feelings..
It's hurt more ,
When you see your feeling are just one sided..
But the worst of all is!!,
When you have to pretend to just protect the bond ..
The Bond which you never want to break...

______________________________________

NAOMI POV

I saw Nicholas standing in front of me eyes widen in shock... And for few seconds I forgot that i am wearing nothing but black lingerie...

I am seeing him after a long time.. He looked tired but still beautiful.... But then realisation dawn on me...
Shitt!! Cover your body!!

"What are you doing here ? " I screamed covering my body...

And to my surprise he started stuttering.... And for the first time i saw him surprised....

I asked him to go out but he started requesting me to stay here... And to stop avoiding him...

Although I didn't show him any emotion but i felt happy when I saw him so desparate.. . .

Shut up!!

_______

"Umh come in " I said to Nicholas, opening the door wide..

I sat on the bed and he sat on the couch...
He looked uncomfortable... Continuously bouncing his right leg ..

"So ...??" I gave him a questioning look..

"Yeah.. Ye.. Yes so i just wanted to talk to you.. " He answered looking at me..

"About what?" I asked

"Umh... You . . You were not coming home, and also you are not picking up my calls " He answered..

"I am busy " I told him although it's not the complete truth..

"Bullshit " He blurted.

"Pardon" I narrowed my eyes..

"See Naomi, I am not an idiot.. I know something is up with you.. Will you please tell me what is bothering you..." Nicholas urged..

"Everything is fine okay " I replied.. And then he stand up and came to sit beside me..

"No it's not!!! You are avoiding me... Everyday you come here but leave before I came... Why????" He asked looking into my eyes, holding my stares trying to see the reason..

I cannot tell him.. I cannot. But I wanted to scream and tell him..

Because it's getting difficult to stay with you, it's difficult to stay with you because I don't know what do I feel for you....
I am experiencing a lot of emotion , I am having mixed feelings and it's making me insane!!!
I am growing feeling for you against my will Nicholas!! And it hurts when I know this relationship doesn't have any future...
And it's hurt more because our feelings are not mutual....
My best friends were right I get attached to people....
My worst nightmare is coming true...

"Hey are you listening " Nicholas nudge my shoulder.

"Yess.. Yess... I had work " I replied vaguely without any emotion

He sigh.. "Naomi I don't know what did I do wrong... But I am sorry if I anyway hurt you "

"Sorry for what?? You don't even know what are you sorry for " I said

It's true it's not his fault,
He is a free bird he can do whatever he wants and to be honest he never stoped me from doing anything...

So why did I feel bad when I saw him with betty?? God help me I am in a mess and I don't know what's happening with me...

But it's clear I care for him a lot and I am growing feelings for him...
And it's not his fault that he isn't..

I need to calm myself before it's get out of my hand....

"Umh Nicholas it's not your fault, I just needed a break... " I told him..

"You can take break any time you want but please don't avoid me.." He replied holding my hand..

See this is what he does to me!!

"Why do you care... It's not that you don't have anyone.. " I blurted and the look in his eyes made me nervous..

"I care because you are only loyal friend I have... You are the person who takes care of me even if you are angry....." He continued... "Naomi you are becoming my closest friend and seeing you disappointed of me ..makes me sad " He ended..

I stared at him, just stared.... Although his face  didn't hold any emotion but what he said just now show me his vulnerable side...
So I being overdramatic jumped forward hugging him tight taking him off guard.....

For few seconds he didn't responded out of shock but eventually hugged me back....

"S... Sorry... So sorry. I was just angry... I was upset.You.You were busy for weeks and was not taking food properly. I got worried so I bought food for you.But..But when I saw you are doing 'that'... It made me disappointed and angry...... And also you didn't called me back... So so... " Mu voice was breaking while I gave a hell  ass speech...

"Hey.. Hey..... It's okay...... It's my fault too.... I was honestly busy.... I didn't have time to call and betty just came.... And you know we .. We... " He couldn't complete the sentence..

"Hmm I understand.. " This the best answer I could say..

"You know what you are a best friend ask for but doesn't get... I guess I got without even working hard " He chuckled while rubbing my back..

"Lucky bastard" I replied.. "Btw did you just say I am your best friend " I moved away from him looking at him..

He rubbed his neck giving me a boyish smile "is it not okay??" He asked...

"No it's absolutely fine bestii" I laughed loud... And he too burst out laughing..

Suddenly I heard his phone ringing...

"Yes joshua " He asked

"What do you mean by that "

"She cannot just say that.... Is she crazy.. "

"No nothing happened like that.."

"Okay mail me I will see it "

He cut the call and I look at him.. He looked furious... He stood up and left... Fuming in anger....

______________________________________

Short chapter..

From next chapter back stories
Naomi will be revealed..

So stay tuned❤❤😁