35. Distant

𝐖𝐡𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞?
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞..
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞,
𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝...

THIRD POV

Few days back_

A black hooded man standing in front of the Nicholas's Mansion.. Puffing cigarate... Leaning on a tree..

He laughed dryly looking at his phone... Caressing the phone screen which shows a photo of younger Naomi...

"Oh my darling I loved you so much but you married that as*ho** , you betrayed me dear....... tsk tsk..... Sad i will take you from him...
Claim you and your body... I will worship your body and mark you mine...
And i will see Nicholas suffer everyday and it's far better than real death...pain and heart break ... What!! .. I am not a fool I saw love in his eyes for her...
How funny I will be killing two pigeons with one stone...
If she isn't mine, she will be no ones" The man laughed like a maniac and dialled a number..

"Hello who is it? " A dreamy voice asked..

"Did I disturb you darling" He smirked..

"Who are you?? How.. How did you get this number? " She asked panicked

"Oh Ms Rose you didn't recognise me!!" He asked smiling..

"Serrano?? " She asked confused

"Yes dear... I have a proposal for you" He offered..

"I don't want anything from you " She said confidently..

She looked at her husband who is lying peacefully beside her..
But his next word broke her confidence  immediately and scared her to the core of her heart..

"I know you don't want anything from me, but Dear Rose I think you care for your husband right? ... So I think it will be better if you distance yourself from him because I cannot always stop my men from killing your husband dear...
Its between us so i hope you stop dragging your husband...
Will you want your lover to die in front of your eyes?? " He said and chuckle in the end of the sentence..

Naomi is already shaking out of fear... She cannot let Nick die because of her...

"You cannot drag my husband, it's between us... What do you actually want Serrano?.... " She asked... While recording the call so that she can send it to Peter..

"Oh baby dont act smart.. I will anyway throw this number..... And what do I want?? Hmm..... You stay away from your husband and wait for my next word.. And for now good bye" He hung up the call before she could answer..

"Hey yo-"...
He cuts the call

She looked at Nick and sigh...
" Why?? Why it always happens with me?? Can't I be happy for once!!"

She move forward and caress Nicholas's cheek... He is sleeping like a baby unaware of the things just happened..

May be it will be the last time she will able to touch him ,
May be this will be last time she will look at him so close,
Last time she will able to kiss him,
Last time she will talk to him nicely..