Chapter 2: Encounter

Tw: Swearing, Suicidal Thoughts, Choking (sludge villain)

Midoriya walked out of the room, heading out to the front entrance of the school.

'I should get that book, don't want to waste paper if I can still use it.' Midoriya thought, walking outside toward the spot he though his notebook might have ended up.

He turned the corner where the window Bakugo threw his notebook out of was. He looked up, spotting the window and going right below it. He looked around for his notebook, only finding one of the small koi pond the school owned.

'Fuck' Midoriya thought, walking over to the koi pond. He peered over the edge, only to find his theory correct. Fish swam around a burned book, nibbling on the edges.

"When I die, I'm gonna haunt the shit outta you." he said, looking down at his ruined notebook.

He sighed, softly shooing the fish away and picking up his soaking book. He lightly waved the notebook through the air, trying to dry it out.

He started his way home, taking a different route than normal. He didn't want to go home. This route was longer. It just made sense to take it.

'What would he do if I really did it?' Midoriya thought. He thought about things like that a lot. It was hard not to. He didn't have anyone. He didn't have a goal or a dream. He was just going on autopilot through life until he died or something interesting happened.

'There's no point anymore. And hey, maybe if I die I really can haunt katsuki. That would be fucking hilarious. Imagine all the dumbass pranks I can pull on him if I'm a ghost.'

Midoriya was so lost in his thoughts of what could happen if he died that he didn't notice the manhole behind him start to rumble.

Midoriya heard a loud bang from behind him and quickly turned around, startled. A green slime monster was comming out of a manhole, heading straight for him. He turned, trying to run, but didn't get more than a step before the slime had captured his ankle.

The slime climbed up Midoriyas body, wrapping around his mouth. He clawed at the slime as it started its way down his throat.

'Hey, this is probably gonna kill me.' Midoriya suddenly thought. He stopped clawing at the slime, trying his best to just let the darkness take him.

Just as he started to slip from consciousness, a loud bang was heard. He didn't have enough will to even try to think about what it was as he let his body fall completely limp.

'Ow, what the fuck.' Midoriya thought, feeling someone slap him harder than necessary.

"Wake up, my boy!" A booming voice said. Midoriya slowly opened his eyes, seeing a big yellow figure in front of him.

'Is that fucking big bird?' He thought, still trying to focus on the thing hitting him

"Oh good, I thought you were dead haha." Said the voice.

'And you didn't think to call an ambulance? I didn't think there was anyone dumber than me but here you are.' Midoriya thought, annoyed at the person's, well everything. Their voice gave him a huge headache, they wake him up by slapping him, and they seemed like an idiot.

Midoriya fully opened his eyes, taking in the person in front of him.

"All Might?" Midoriya say slowly, not believing what he was seeing.

"That's me! Don't worry I already signed your book!" All Might said loudly, pointing at Midoriyas ruined notebook.

"All Might?" Midoriya said again, seeming to be asking a question more than just confirming it was him like last time.

"Yes my boy, what is it that you need? I have to go, please hurry." All Might said, looking around nervously.

"I have a question, do you think you could say for a moment?" Midoriya said softly, wondering why All Might was acting nervous.

"I really need to go, just hurry up." All Might said, starting to sound annoyed. This caught Midoriya off guard. He had never seen All Might talk like this.

"Um, well I-" Midoriya was cut off by smoke followed by a hissing sound comming from All Might.

All Might suddenly shrank, startling Midoriya. He looked on in disbelief as his childhood idol turned into nothing more than a flesh and bones.

'A skeleton?! Is he even alive?' Midoriya thought, not believing what he was seeing.

All Might sighed as he looked at the child's face.

"This is my true form." He started. "A few years back I was in a huge villain fight that almost no one knows about. It damaged half of my stomach, and many other organs." He said, raising up his shirt to show the injury, proving his point.

"What do you mean 'true form' " Midoriya asked.

"Y'know how when people workout, they make themselves look more muscle-y? That's kind of what I do. I used to be able to keep it up for longer, but since the villain attack the time I can keep up my form has only gone down. Right now, three hours is the most I can do." All Might finished, looking up at the boy.

"You can not tell anyone about this, got it. It's top secret. You have to promise me." All Might said seriously.

"Okay, I promise." Midoriya replied.

"Now, my boy, what was your question?" All Might asked.

"Oh yeah!" Midoriya said, having completely forgotten. "Do you think I can be a hero, even without a quirk?" Midoriya asked.

He had given up on his dreams, but maybe, just maybe, if his idol believed he could do it, he would find a way. He wanted to have someone believe in him. He wanted to have something to believe in.

"No." All Might stated simply.

"It's juts not possible. Quirkless people  won't be of any help. They will only get in the way."

Midoriya listened silently. He knew all of this. Of course he knew it, but it hurt so much more hearing those words from his idol.

"It's insulting you think that useless quirkless people like you would be able to be a hero. Do you know how hard it is to be a hero? One without a quirk will only be a liability." All Might said turning to leave. He picked up the bottles with the slime villain in them, turning into his muscle form, and left.

Midoriya stood there. All Might was supposed to be his idol. Someone he could count on to save the day.

'That asshole.'

AN: Hey Hey Hey you beautiful losers! How's your day going? I have some ideas for the next few chapters maybe, but if you want to see any specific prank, feel free to comment! I'm sorry if the stories bad or too slow or something, I'm trying but this is my first story so there might be a few hiccups. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this garbage chapter. Have a good rest of your day or night or whatever!

Who is your favorite artist? ( You can pick more than one, I know it's hard to choose lol.)

Words: 1187