Chapter 49: Taking An After Life

Midoriya walked with Kaminari and Hagakure to school just like any other day in the life of a dead sadist. They talked quietly about what new inventions Mei could help them build to destroy the school as they walked, like all normal people do, until they arrived at their noisy, energetic class.

The trio sat a Kaminaris desk, the blond sitting in his seat while Midoriya and Hagakure both leaned on his desk. The two invisible friends discussed their extreme hatred for avocados, while Kaminari tried to convince them both that avocados were better than living, and while Midoriya hated to agree, considering how much he hated avocados, he had to admit living was much worse. That's only in his professional dead person opinion, however, so he was pretty biased.

When their grumpy teacher walked into the classroom most of the students went straight to their seat, not wanting to mess with someone holding a coffee mug like it was the only thing that could save his life if a villain were to suddenly attack. Midoriya was the only one that remained out of their seat, but that was normal and it's not like anyone that cared could actually see what he was doing. The only person that could see him was Hagakure and she liked to pretend she couldn't see him anyways. It would have been too hard not to laugh when he went behind the reached and started acting like him, so ignoring him was the best possible solution.

Aizawa looked around the class, his eyes landing on an empty desk. Well, an empty desk that wasn't supposed to be empty. Midoriya and Hagakures desks always looked empty, so he didn't even pay attention to those desks anymore.

"Kirishima? Has anyone seen him today?" Aizawa looked across the room with a blank face. All he got in return was frantic 'no's from most people.

'That's suspicious.' Midoriya thought to himself. Aizawa shrugged it off, not caring much, as he thought the redhead probably did something stupid and couldn't come to class today, or he wasn't even awake yet.

Class continued on as normal, with Midoriya standing beside Aizawa, mimicking him while Hagakure tried her hardest not to laugh. Once classes were over for the day, the class went back to the dorm building. They still hadn't seen Kirishima the whole day, but Midoriya had forgotten about it after thinking about it for all of two minutes.

When they got closer to the building Midoriya started to get this weird feeling. It was almost like he was sick, but he knew dead people couldn't be hurt, so it left him even more curious.

Once the trio, the first to arrive, got to the door, they found a strange wreath hanging there. It was mostly leaves, with occasional dark berries littered across it. The wreath made Midoriya feel queasy.

'Somethings wrong. What the hell is happening?" Midoriya thought to himself, confused. He look at his friends who looked equally as confused as him.

"Maybe someone did some early decorating? For... something?" Kamianri suggested.

"I don't remember anything coming up soon." Hagakure replied. Midoriya shrugged and opened the door, walking through with Hagakure and Kaminari trailing behind him.

The inside was dark, the only light coming from strange black candles. The air smelled of herbs and smoke, a strange combination, only making Midoriya feel even worse. He started to think maybe he was sick, questioning how that was possible at the same time.

The walked forward, looking around at the common room, which had been turned into something from some weird occult movie. Midoriya finally had a realization.

"Oh! Guys they're pranking us back! Okay that makes a lot more sense. I was wonding what all this was." Midoriya said, glad he finally came up with a reasonable explanation for whatever the hell was happening.