Chapter 03

You Were Different From Everyone Else

———

After rushing about, Evelyn was able to open the coffee house on time.

“Hahh.” Evelyn slightly let out a sigh.

Evelyn was not the original owner of this coffee house. At first she had worked as an employee, but then three years ago, the former owner hastily moved away, and she had acquired this coffee house for an affordable price.

A good number of years had passed since she settled in Annette Town. Her life here had been pretty peaceful, and the hard times from the past felt like a dream.

Actually, there were many things that happened as I raised Bibi.

When she gave birth to Bianca, Evelyn had almost died from labor. But the thrill of embracing a small, warm child in her arms would probably never be forgotten.

Kissing the infant, she decided.

“For you…I can do anything.” And Evelyn had lived keeping this promise for seven years.

There was a big difference between living on her own and taking care of a child. If she wanted to feed and dress her child well, she still lacked the necessary funds even if she worked until her back broke.

But Evelyn never touched the money she received from the Duke’s grandmother.

I don’t expect Islay to find me, rather…

The money was the only back-up means of ensuring a comfortable life for Bianca. Born into a poor family, Evelyn knew how powerful money could be. She wanted to raise her daughter to be upright and also let her be able to choose her future.

“Ah, oh dear.” Evelyn snapped out of her thoughts.

She’d been in a daze for too long. Evelyn briskly walked to the door and changed the sign on the door to “OPEN”.

After a while, the door opened with the jingle of a bell.

“Welcome,” Evelyn said as she smiled cheerfully. Today’s first customer was Mrs. Tilda, who ran a small bookstore nearby.

Before opening the shop, she would stop by every morning for a cup of coffee, stating that she couldn’t properly wake up without stopping by.

“Good morning, Ms. Martinise.”

“Good morning.”

“I’ll have a cup of coffee.”

Evelyn nodded her head and turned around.

Soon, the rich aroma of coffee began to spread throughout the cafe.

“The coffee here is always so delicious,” Mrs. Tilda smiled while looking at the coffee.

“You’re too kind, ma’am.”

“Oh, you don’t have to be so humble, I’ve been to so many other coffee houses in town, but there’s no place like this one.”

Evelyn smiled humbly. Annette was a small town, so the number of coffee houses could be counted on one hand. There were few competitors to compare with, so the praise was a little embarrassing.