Chapter 10

Reunion

———

"...I see."

Evelyn had a pondering look on her face.

Though Bianca wasn't an unfriendly child, that didn't mean she would happily approve of someone else so easily.

This was the first time Bianca seemed to like someone like this right away.

"Could you wait a little while Mommy goes to change her clothes?"

"Okay!"

Bianca quietly sat in a chair, playing with the lace on her skirt.

Evelyn first went through the clothes in her closet. She'd been searching for some time, but there didn't seem to be any clothes that seemed appropriate enough to enter the hotel.

Eventually, she settled on a simple navy blue dress.

After tying a ribbon around her neck, she smiled faintly.

'How long has it been since I've worn a dress like this...'

Though she always made sure to dress Bianca in nice clothes, she never really bothered to care about her own attire.

Because she was too busy making ends meet.

After hesitating for a bit, Evelyn tied her hair in a half-up-half-down hairstyle instead of her usual bun.

Evelyn pushed in a cheap-looking hairpin adorned with glass beads into her hair, and Bianca opened her eyes as she saw her mother.

"Wow, Mommy, you aren't putting your hair up today?"

"Mhm...does it look weird?"

She looked at her daughter with a wry face. Bianca shook her head fiercely and grinned widely.

"No, you look like a princess!"

"Thank you, Bibi."

Evelyn's cheeks blushed.

Even though it was a compliment from a child, her heart felt like it had been tickled.

She grabbed a basket of cookies and gestured to her daughter.

The mother and daughter held hands as they walked out of the house.

Dantel Hotel was located in the center of town, about a 30 minutes walk from the mother and daughter's house.