Chapter 07

Mr. Lay At Dantel Hotel

———

Evelyn secretly glanced up at the clock. As she saw the time, a faint smile came over her lips.

It was 3 PM.

It was finally time for her to pick up her child.

She could also be free of Kevin's presence at last.

"Then, I need to be leaving to pick up my child."

She stood up and looked at Kevin, who hadn't left the coffeehouse since he had entered earlier in the day. After dealing with his string of petty tricks and borderline inappropriate jokes, Evelyn was quite mentally exhausted.

"If you are heading to the kindergarten, I would be happy to take you there."

"No, it's fine."

"But it's because I just want to."

Kevin snuck a glance at Evelyn as he spoke. She felt disgusted whenever he looked her up and down that way.

"You'll embarrass me if you keep rejecting me like this, no?"

So, did he mean his embarrassment was important, but that her difficulties didn't matter? Evelyn slightly knit her eyebrows. But since it was too troublesome to keep refusing, she nodded her head with an unwilling expression on her face.

".....I understand. I need to close up shop, so please wait outside."

"Aw, come on, how could I leave a lovely lady alone while she's closing her shop?"

Kevin took a couple steps closer to her as he spoke. Seeing Evelyn avoid him on reflex, he chuckled.

"I'll help."

He spoke grandly as if he were granting her a huge wish. Evelyn was utterly speechless.

It wasn't such a hard task to close up shop and she had even told him to wait outside, but he still stuck next to her like this.

"I am really okay so please go outside."

This is where Evelyn drew the line. As Kevin looked at her as she organized the items in the coffeehouse, he grumbled inwardly.

At any rate, gotta admit that her snobbiness is on another level.

Did she think she was some sort of princess, acting with such an air of importance?

Well, whatever...

He smacked his lips.