3) Questions over Questions

"What happened to you darling?" Hiro asked worried.
Nick didn't look good at all.
He had beads of sweat on his forehead and his breathing was hectic.
"I'm glad you got your tea after all." was all he brought out in a rapid breath.

It seemed like he didn't want to talk about what happened to him, which Hiro didn't like at all.
He was worrying a lot about his boyfriend. But he knew how disturbing events muted Nick's ability to speak.

The fact that Nick has to go to psychiatric healthcare because of his anxiety and his severe traumatic childhood, didn't make it any better.
"Come on, what happened?" Ray asked worrying as well but also kind of courios.

Like before, Nick had sat down next to Hiro, who had instantly grabbed his hand.
Ray could cleart feel, that both of the young men felt better now.

"Nick?" Ray kept pushing.
"What happened?" she really wanted to know what occurred to him, that could have disturbed him this much. Obviously she didn't pay much attention to Nick as she didn't even notice how Nick's breathing got more troubled at the same time she had asked her question.

But Hiro did notice.
He squeezed his boyfriend's hand with his own and laid the other on his cheek.
He then moved a little closer towards him and gently placed his pale lips on Nick's.

Nick closed his eyes and kissed him back, Hiro's lips felt cold as a result of him always freezing.
The albino on the other hand could feel that Nick chewed on his lips again, he tasted beads of blood on his tongue as he gently traced over his sore lips.

Hiro broke the kiss, after all they were still in a café and didn't want to embarrass themselves.
He quickly looked into his lover's eyes and noticed how they got a little bit glassy in the meantime.
He must have been on the verge of tears.

"Will you now tell us what happened, darling?" he said with a soft voice.
Nick's breathing quickened again immediately.
He took a deep breath in order to calm himself and to hold back his tears.

"The Vonnetts got attacked." he said in a shaky voice which left his two friends speechless.
So far only farms and the harbour got attacked.

These last three attacks consisted of an ominous fire started out of nowhere. With evidence proof, it was clear that it wasn't natural disasters at all but instead a group of people purposely setting the borders of their village on fire.

And now the Vonnetts had to pay for it.
One of three royal families ruling over Ravindra together.
"Is it known who commanded this attack?" the witch asked.
"No, the perpetrator is unknown." Nick explained after realizing that talking about what scared him, actually helped him feel better.

"Is there anyone who got injured?" Hiro asked with worry on his face.
Yet, he didn't receive an answer from his boyfriend, just a fearful look. And that look said everything.

"How many?" he asked.
Nick fell silent for a moment, which gave Hiro time to think.
He looked back and forth between the two and noticed how Ray wasn't nearly as worried as he was.
She seemed more as if she was confused by not knowing what Nick's meaningful look was supposed to mean.
However, Hiro wasn't telepathic - what a shame really - so of course he couldn't know that.

It got him thinking.
Could it be, Ray had something to do with the attacks? he thought.
She was still a witch after all, which meant that it wasn't totally impossible.
Even though Hiro hated prejudice, the thought would not leave him alone for the rest of his day.