4) Relationship issues?

When they entered their rather small homestead, Hiro couldn't wait for his husband to close the door and impatiently asked him for answers.
Meanwhile Nick already went into the living room and rested his body, exhausted from running, on the leather colored davenport.

"If you'd have listened then we wouldn't have that problem now." he said in a slightly annoyed voice, entirely believing that it was Hiro's fault alone.
"You ,of all people, should know that I am terrible at explaining things!" Nick whined in exhaustion, wishing is husband would just stop asking questions and be satisfied with the answer he gave.

Hiro leaned on the brown davenport - far too petulant to sit down - and answered:" Sure, and if you would know that I am never listening, then you could have told me that something important is happening!"

Nick was speechless.
Did he just hear that right?
'that something important is happening'
Hiro gave Nick a questioning look, waiting for an answer.

"Hiro, darling, love, sweetness of my heart - don't you think that when a guard comes bursting into a café and starts to announce something using the noble 'we' in his speech, you perhaps should listen?" he asked exacting.

"I suppose." he mumbled, well aware of what his boyfriend wanted to hear.
One of Hiro's many weaknesses wasn't only to lose discussions but also to admit that he was the one in the wrong.
"What was that?" Nick asked triumphantly.

He clearly understood his husband, but he still wanted him to admit, what he would never dare to admit.
However that would not happen today.

Hiro simply stared at him with a furious look in his bloody eyes - anybody else would have been scared away from this gesture.
The mad man knew exactly what his lover wanted, and he didn't plan on giving it to him this easily.

"Fine. I guess I should have listened." he said. Something in his glance shifted which Nick couldn't quite define. So he smiled widely and replied: "Thank you for admitting-" but Hiro cut him off.

"But I didn't. And that is why we are here now. So, since I overcame my weakness, why don't you do the same, love?" he said with his arrogant look.

"And what kind of weakness did you overcome exactly, love?" he asked, clearly annoyed now. And while Hiro did have troubles recognizing emotions, he was familiar with Nick being pissed off.

It was rare, yes, but still happening every so often.
"I admitted that I was wrong? How about that?" Hiro explained, slowly growing impatient.

"That's not a weakness!" Nick answered furious.
"For me it is."
He stared at his boyfriend for a moment - speechless, he then got up and left for the kitchen.

"What do you think you're doing? I'm not done with you yet!" Hiro exclaimed with fierce, holding him in place by his arm while making sure not to put too much pressure on it due to Nick's history with physical abuse.

"I'll make some food. I'm hungry."
"You're hungry, seriously? You ate a the Foxburrow, you can't be hungry again!"
"Stress makes me hungry, okay?!"
Both of the men felt the tension in the room, created by their shared anger, spread out like a poison in the air, slowly suffocating them.

"I get that it's chaotic right now but that's nothing new for us so what exactly is stressing you this much?"
"You are!" He yelled angry, pulling his arm away while tears filled his emerald eyes.

Hiro quickly followed him, noticing from afar how his lover wiped away his tears. When he was right behind Nick, he stopped and waited for him to face him.
Nick had decided to ignore his husband and instead started cutting up cucumber - he truly took his time while doing so.