7) Unanswered Questions

Was he serious?
Hiro an astral?
"Nick, darling, when is my birthday?" he asked his boyfriend, who was so happy about his discovery.

"First january."
"And in which season are astrals born?"
"Summer?"
"You notice the problem?"
Nick nodded sadly.

"Wait wait! You really wanna tell me that you don't have any magic?!" Artemis asked shocked.
"Could we please change the subject?" Hiro asked feeling unwell.

His boyfriend wasn't the only one with a rough past.
Hiro himself got bullied a lot. Not only because of how he looked or because he was gay, but also because he was the only one who didn't have any magic.

So while the other kids his age learned how to control their magic, Hiro got beaten up because he was defenseless.
That's why he doesn't like to talk about the whole magic thing.

He didn't need new people hating him for things he couldn't control.
"Uhh yea sure!" Artemis said and paused for a moment and pointed at Nick: "It's your turn to introduce yourself!"

He panicked and Hiro noticed so he asked him if he should talk for him and he nodded.
"Alright then. This is Nick Yann, he's 20 years old, a shape shifter who also works at the foxburrow." he explained.

After all he still knew Nick better than anyone else so it wasn't that hard to speak for him.
"And his sexuality?" Nathan asked.
The room went quiet and Melody saw how Hiro's gears stopped turning and giggled.

Nick also noticed.
"What's my sexuality? Huh? Love?" he chuckled silently.
"Uhhhhhhm uhhh I- no, uhhhm or?" he mumbled.
"Your telling me, you don't know?" Travis asked surprised with confusion.

"Even I know!" he said disappointed.
"Me too!" Melody sang.
"Ughh for fucks sake I don't know! Pansexual?" he guessed under pressure.

"Meh, close enough." Nick replied.
"What do you mean
»close enough«?! What is it?" he asked confused.
"Two years of marriage and he still doesn't remember your sexuality." Travis scoffed jokingly.

"You're married?!" Artemis asked in surprised excitement but she got completely ignored.
"What is your sexuality?" Hiro asked confused.
"Polysexual." Travis and Melody said synchronized.

"Oh well, close enough." Hiro agreed with his boyfriend.
Artemis was still waiting for someone to reply to her question but nobody seemed to have heard it.
"And you are?" Nathan asked.

"Oh I am Hiro Yann, also 20 years old I'm gay and a teacher at a high school." he introduced himself.
"And your magic?" Artemis pushed but got interrupted by Travis who asked: "Which school?".

"The Creekcoast Academy, but my first day is next monday actually, so in two days." he explained.
"Aren't you a little young to be a teacher already?" Nathan asked skeptical.

Artemis didn't even try to ask questions anymore, lucky for her Nathan asked exactly what she thought as well.
"Yes absolutely, but the schools don't have enough teachers anywhere and I'm very smart so that's why."

Everyone in the room seemed to have understood that.
"Wait, Creekcoast Academy? My little brother goes there!" Travis said excited.
"Oh really?" Hiro replied annoyed.

"Tell me, is he like you?" he asked with a fake smile.
The red head looked at him confused for a second, before answering: "I mean yeah, he looks a lot like me just....younger." he explained.

"No, I meant is he smart like you? You said you were a doctor so you must be very intelligent!" he pointed out.
"Ohhhh yeah....no."
Hiro sighed in disappointment.