5) The Shadow of the Candle Light

The sun had set down long ago, leaving the horizon with nothing but a red shine.
That red light fluted Renia's alleys like a river of blood.

Anyone who didn't know this natural phenomenon, would assume the white houses surrounding the road were painted red. The puddles formed by the afternoon rain would easily have gotten mistaken for pools of blood.

But the two young men that were walking around the alleys at this hour were familiar with this magical phenomenon. They didn't go out often but when they did, it was in the late evening - around or after the sun set.

Both of them loved the nature and and anything it could accomplish. How there were near to no limits to how much it can create.

The married men were wishing to spend more time outside, but that wish shall never be granted.
For Hiro was very sensitive to the sunlight due to his albinism and Nick tried his best to stay away from every human being.

They stopped as they walked in font of a light up red house.
Hiro hardened his grip around Nick's hand as he noticed him shaking.
"You okay?" he asked worryingly.
"It's alright, just a bit nervous to meet new people." he answered silently.

Hiro pat his boyfriend's head.
"Everything's gonna be fine, you're not alone after all." he said with a smile.
Nick layed his head on Hiro's shoulder and whispered a 'Thank you Darling'.

"Are you ready?" Hiro asked soft.
"Fuck no." Nick whined.
"I'm with you!"
"Can't we just go home again?"
"No. I mean, yes we could but we won't."

Nick groaned agonized as they walked inside the two storey building.
Nick let himself get dragged upwards by his boyfriend, just like a young wolf in his mother's mouth.

Hiro walked slower on the last wooden staircase due to its creaking.
Nick had to walk behind him now since this staircase was way smaller than the others were.
He's never been here before, they were probably walking up to the attic.

When they both reached the top, they were standing in complete darkness.
"Are you sure we're in the right place?" Nick whispered.
But he didn't get an answer.
"Hiro?"
But suddenly he saw it too.

Someone had lit up a candle, which filled the room with a warm orange light.
"Yes, I think we're in the right place." Hiro whispered whilst pointing at a dark shadow near the candle.

As the dark shadow wanted to turn around to light up more candles, it got a small shock since it haden't noticed the boys before.
"We're sorry, we didn't mean to scare you Miss Flocks!" Hiro said into the darkness.

"That's Miss Flocks?!" Nick whispered to him with disbelief.
"You wanna tell me you don't recognize your own therapist?" Hiro asked surprised.
The dark shadow had to giggle after she heard that.

She lit up more and more colorful candles until the whole room was covered in a rainbow shine.
"Good that we always leave the light on at night." he said with a smirk.

"Hiro!!" Nick cursed, his cheeks immediately going bright red.
"I'mma pretend like I didn't just hear that...however, yes Nick I am your therapist.
It do would be kinda concerning if someone would have the key to my house."

"True, now that you've said it." he hesitated.
"But I can't see you, so you still could be someone else!" he protested.
Hiro rolled his eyes.
'That is obviously Miss Flocks!'

But she did do as asked and stepped out of the shadow.
A small woman with eyes as blue as the sky was looking up to them now.
She had chest length blonde hair, which was dyed pink at her neck level down.