9- payback

9- payback

She ran to her room and locked her room. Manik checked his entire room and stopped remembering Nandini in his room. He took the chair and checked his room cc footage of the past hour.

He was frozen to see Nandini taking the Pendrive and throwing it out cursing him.

"This bitch never changes...." He got up in anger and walked to her room and banged her door.

She didn't respond with fear, but he got more furious and broken the lock.

"You such a bitch. How dare you do this!" He shouted harshly grabbing her hair in his fist. He dragged her all way down to the garden and pushed her on the grass.

"I give you one last chance. Get my pen drive. I will let you go, orelse... Seriously! Seriously, I will ruin your everything." He shouted in anger like mad.

"I... I don't know" she cried in fear. He took out his phone and showed her the clipping of her taking the pen drive and dumping it out of the window.

"You don't know!" He screamed in so much anger smashing her face. She fell on the grass holding her cheek. He grabbed her hair in his fist and made her look at him.

"I don't know what you will do, get my pen drive. I helped you to get A+ and you selfish witch wanted to destroy my career. Do you know how much I worked to be here? You will get it, orelse you can't even imagine what I will do!" He shouted leaving her crying in pain. She spat blood along with her half broken teeth by his slap which was unnoticed by him.

"I... I'm sorry" she sobbed crawling away in fear.

"I don't need your sorry. I need my pen drive orelse wait...  I should first talk with your dad. He just brought up a brat. Useless! Hopeless! Worthless!" He scoffed taking his phone to call him.

"N..no... Don't tell him. Pleasee I will search...it will be here only. Don't tell my dad" she cried holding his leg stopping him.

"You have one hour, do it fast" he snapped walking away.

She started crawling on grass searching for him Pendrive in the dim garden light, plucking the grass near the walkway, poolside every inch while crying in fear.

"If dad finds it he will surely hate me more! Such a big mistake I did" she cried cursing herself.

Manik stood looking into the grass and he found his Pendrive on the grass before Nandini sees he took the drive and hid it in his pocket and smiled evil looking at her in a mess on the grass searching like mad.

Few flashes started running in his mind.

Flashback...

Nandini, Rita and Kristi are friends as their fathers are business partners and manik is also son of partners who live in London.

Nandini is 8years old, whereas Rita and Kristi are 12  and Manik is 13years, he is a nerd and momma's boy. Rita and Kristi used to tease him on their every meeting and nandini watched everything and partially with Rita and Kristi as she was thought by her parents that they are her sisters.

One evening,

Manik was sitting poolside looking at his ring which was gifted by his mom last week on his birthday. That was the first time he visited Nandini's place and all their parents went on a business deal for 3weeks leaving the kids together.

Instead of playing Rita and Krista always tried to make fun of him bullying.

"Hey, nice ring" Nandini smiled sitting beside him, which was heard by Rita as well.

"Yes, this was my favourite. Momma gave me" Manik said smiling. 

"Your mom gave you" the little Nandini repeated thinking of her mom. When Rita came in middle.

"Can we see it too?" Rita asked which was trusted by innocent manik. He gave them his ring and Rita and Krista took away the ring.

"Sis, give it back it's his" Nandini yelled.

"Hey, you're my friend. Why you're taking his side. Shall I tell your dad that you behaving bad?" Krista growled warning her that she turned numb. Rita threw the ring as he reached her.

Manik searched the entire garden area poolside to get his ring but he couldn't get it. He cried and cried to find the ring nothing worked and Rita and Krista enjoyed his tears making fun of him and Nandini stood seeing all that. He trusted Nandini as his friend but even today she didn't help him which made him feel lonely.

"Maybe it is in the pool. Nerdo!" Krista chuckled playfully. Trusting it blindly he jumped into the pool and searched underwater like mad. The day ended but he lost his ring and also trust in friendship. After that day he didn't speak with Nandini or any, but the incident wounded his little heart to an extent he had a lot of hate for them. Silence in the wrong place is equal to a crime.

Present

Manik grinned looking at her mersiable state. He wanted to worsen it as well.

"I think you dropped it in the pool. Go check there as well" he scoffed pushing her into the pool suddenly choking her. She struggled to breathe and yet tried hard to find his Pendrive.

After one long hour, she crawled out of the pool and collapsed on her knees forward, tired.

"You are just useless! You couldn't even find a pen drive. Unworthy bitch! Don't you ever show your dirty face" he scolded in hate and vacated the place leaving her panting on the grass fully wetted on winter night. After a while, she collected her broken self and went to her room.

She cried a lot while looking at herself in the mirror. All the humiliation, and abuse he did where broken her. The little hope she had on herself was damaged by his words. She hated her reflection in the mirror.

"I'm just useless! I'm useless!" She cried hitting her head with her hands.

After a crying vigorously, she changed her outfit and lay on her bed thinking about all the words spoken by her parents and him. She thought Manik will be her friend and she can end this lonely life, but his entry started working like q slow poison killing her little leftover confidence and today she almost reached level zero. She started believing herself unworthy and useless.

Who is right?

Can anyone decide who is worthy and who is not? Everyone has their own reasons to live. And life is not maths or science to prove everything and everyone. Life is a question and every person has their own answer to fill it.