69- Offer

69- Offer

A few months later,

Days are passing and Nandini was busy with her research work and studies. Manik intentionally moved away from her like he even stopped having food together which developed some insecurity inside her thinking he was avoiding her. Manik felt she will get closer to Zach according to Jack's philosophy but she was same like before daily Zach is dropping her, and they are just friends.

One fine day,

Business Meeting

Manik avoided the meeting from a long while to avoid seeing Sheetal.  Because lied to her about Nandini being his girlfriend but in the press meeting he made an official statement. He didn't wanna get embarrassed but business is a going concern and no activity stops for our feelings or emotions. Because of repeated postponements, it turned out as an emergency meeting.

Strengthening himself he entered the Conference hall. Everyone greeted him with a smile and Jones welcomed his standing and he offered him chair beside his daughter Sheetal. Manik greeted her with a smile and discussed the project details and made a Mou about the same and signed the agreements.

"Sheetal will be doing it Manik. I hope you will help her to grow better" Jones smiled shaking his hands with Manik.

"Yeah"

"Can we have a cup of coffee together ?" Sheetal asked excitedly. Manik couldn't deny it in front of her father. So he accepted unwillingly and went to the office cafe.

"Don't feel nervous, I will not ask you about your girlfriend" Sheetal giggled cutting his thoughts. Manik forced a smile.

"It just didn't work on time" he mumbled embarrassed.

"Are you truly in love with her?"

"I don't know, I just tried for a while" Manik smiled.

"You sure you don't love her?" Sheetal shoots a straight question.

"I think no, We don't suit each other."

"Sorry, but I felt it but she is so naive."

"Kiddo!" Manik smiled thinking of her childish nature.

"Why not you date me Manik?" Sheetal asked all of sudden shocking him.

"Excuse me,"

"Can you try me once? Come on, Manik we are modern although you are orthodox origin stop behaving like a desi orthodox. I was seeing you for a while might be from my college reading your journals. I'm admitting shamelessly I had a lot of wet dreams with you. I want you to give me one chance. I will not disappoint you. If you don't like me then I will take it friendly. We can part away. this dating phase will be as a memory. I just want to spend some time of my life with my crush."

"Hmm, Sheetal. It's not about this. I don't want to be in a relationship. I have different life goals. I'm not a man for any girl."

"I just asked to date. I promise, I will never get the topic of marriage. You can walk out of this relationship anytime. I really like you so much Manik. I think it's love maybe. When you can't own something we rent just like my firm is taking your private jet. Take me for a ride you can jump off anytime and I will never blame you about it." She confessed her heart out.

"I need some time to think of it"

"Ok, but don't make me wait so much. It's just about traveling together. I don't mind even we live in or something else." She offered squeezing his plam.

Jack observed them closer standing at the door. He always knows she is seducing his boss, but he felt upset seeing Manik melted.

"What you are doing with her?" Jack asked in anger.