Three

Yibo's Pov.

Even with all the chatter and noise floating around the bus, I still dozed off a bit. I didn't wake up, even with the bus stopping and people pouring out. I don't know how long I was out.

I woke to a gentle shake on the shoulder. Thank goodness it was gentle, because I'm afraid I would have scared whoever was waking me up if they had applied more pressure. As a result, I am very sensitive and jumpy. Because of my father, I try to keep my guard up at all times. I never know when he's going to strike, so I guess I've been very alert.

I turned my head to see who it was that woke me. There stood an Asian guy, probably around the same age as me.

"Sorry to wake you up..." It's just, well, the teachers have already assigned cabin keys to all the students. "Yours is the only one left," he said, pointing to the exit of the bus. "We all assumed that maybe you didn't come on the trip. I just came to get my bag and, well, saw you sleeping here. " He continued before grabbing his bag.

"T-Thanks for telling me... I didn't really plan on falling asleep. ," I replied shyly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I'll  fill you in on the briefing the teachers gave to everyone earlier." He  said, giving me a half-smile and nudging his head towards the door. I  followed him off the bus in silence. When I got out, the atmosphere hit  me like a punch in the face. The sky was a solid blue, growing lighter  near the setting sun. Crap, I must have been knocked out for some time  if the sun was already setting.

"What time is it?" I  hiss, rubbing my eyes again. "Around four-twenty." He answered after  studying his watch for a moment. I guess it's fortunate that I got some  sleep in, though. It's kind of challenging trying to fall asleep knowing  that there's someone in your home that has it out for you. That being  my father.

He took me over to a  stump near a bunch of trees lined up near the ocean. Several items  littered the area, giving it the appearance of a camp. I heard the  voices of cheerful students coming from many directions. It seems  they've already gotten settled into their cabins.

"Alright, so, this is  your key." He pointed to a single key lying in a box on the stump. "It  has your cabin number, but if you aren't sure where to go, it should be  right in that direction." He pointed to the west. We'll be having a tour  of the town tomorrow. The teacher said we get extra credit if we come  along. " He cracks a goofy smile. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I  looked up at him and the sun hit my eyes, making me squint a bit. The  day after, we'll do some hiking in the mountains and forests nearby. I'm  all about that extra credit, man.," He let out a slight chuckle.

Extra credit is not  why I'm here. I don't care about my grades. I know I won't be going to  college anyway, because of the lack of support. My purpose in coming  here was to get some time away from home. I suppose the tours could be  fun, though. " The teachers have a schedule near the main building, so  if you need any more help, head there. The school is scatterbrained, so  if something makes little sense, you can always ask me. My cabin number  is four. " He explains by pointing in the directions.

"That would explain why I could fake my father's signature without them questioning it." I mumble, mentally rolling my eyes.

"Wait, what?" He asked, sounding confused.

"N-nothing." I reply quickly, shooting my eyes in the opposite direction of him.

"Anyway,  I'm leaving."He said, grabbing his backpack and heading east. "Oh, one  more thing, dinner is at six-thirty, near the center of the park." He  says, spinning my way with a raised finger. He turned around and  continued walking.