Twenty-two

Zhan's Pov.

The sudden sight of Yibo standing above me wearing a huge smile frighted me. I didn't expect him to do something like that, so it caught me off guard. I chucked a pillow at his face as he started laughing. The room went silent, and I worried that I might have hit him too hard. Just as my concern grew greater, I felt a pillow connecting with my face. He tossed the pillow back at me. That cheeky little.....

"Oho, it's on." I warn, standing from my bed. I grabbed the nearest pillow and pursued Yibo as he tried to grab a pillow from one of the unoccupied beds in the room. He laughed hysterically while running for his life. He knew I wouldn't back down this time. I hungered for him like a lion. He was like a little rabbit trying to hop away... despite him naming a bunny after me. He reached for a pillow, but he was too late. I was already taking a swing at his back. Before the second swing connected with him, he lifted the pillow and guarded himself. Before I knew it, he was climbing over the head of the bed, quickly distancing himself from me. I charged towards him, ready to strike. But by the time I realized it, he was taking a swing at me, leaving me with one option. To guard. I still pushed towards him as he unleashed a barrage of attacks on me. I pressured him against a wall leaving no room for him to take a swing. I smirked before pummeling him with the pillow. He giggled like a maniac. I found it overwhelmingly cute. He eventually escaped but he looked pretty worn out. He begged for a timeout which I gave to him, only to be betrayed a second later. Just as I let my guard down and he attacked.

"You've done it now!" I chuckled. He struck back but his attacks were easy to read. He realized that he would never have the upper hand and started running from me. I chased him all around the cabin. We spent a while at it. He eventually gave in and collapsed onto the bedroom floor from exhaustion. I pinned his small body under mine as I took to the floor after him. He struggled and squirmed under me for a while but eventually gave up. He became relaxed which for some odd reason turned me on. I felt his small stomach press against mine as our breathing synced. To my surprise, he flipped me over and got on top of me. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and lay there forever. He just looked so adorable lying there.

"Crap, what time is it!" I ask, remembering we hadn't eaten dinner yet. I sat up and brought Yibo with me.

"I-I don't know." He responded. It took all my willpower to break the moment but I didn't want us to miss dinner. I grabbed my phone and checked the clock.

"Well, it's eight-thirty which means we probably missed dinner." I sighed. And I was right, we did end up missing dinner. However, on our way back to the cabin, an idea popped into my head. I took Yibo into town. He mentioned earlier how he wanted to check it out, so I could kill two birds with one stone. He looked nervous along the way but seemed to be having fun. I held his soft hands gently in mine. I don't know why but the feel of his skin always sets me in a trance. The look on his face as we scaled the town was satisfying. I knew he was amazed by the sight, he was in complete awe. I took Yibo into a nice bakery I spotted my first time here. Surely they had to be selling pizza. If not we could save it for another time and just settle for something else. I was greeted by a woman behind a desk as we walked in. She informed us that they were nearing closing time.

"Uh hi. My friend and I were looking to get a pizza." I said leaning myself against the desk.

"We're closing soon." She repeated. I almost swore under my breath but decided to press on. I didn't want to be sent out empty-handed.

"Oh..... Well, my friend and I missed dinner, so is there anything we can order?" I explained, gesturing to Yibo. I know she felt bad that they were about to close but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to offer something else.

"Peter, would you be a dear and make one more pizza for the day?" She called, keeping her sight on me. A smile appeared on my face, knowing that I hadn't failed Yibo.

"Alright, give me a moment mom." A man answered back.

"We'll have your pizza ready momentarily." She notified. "You can take a seat over on one of those tables if you want." We took seats at a table and soon enough the pizza arrived. Yibo looked so happy munching through the plate of pizza. I just sat there and watched as he ate like a grown man. He just looked so...adorable.

The pizza was delicious. We ate most of it and I bagged the rest for later. I didn't want to head back after that though. I heard about a hotspot in town and decided to bring Yibo along with me to check it out. It was a playground or a park. The atmosphere at night was something. I climbed to the highest point of the playground, that being the jungle gym. I wanted to have a good view of our surroundings. I gave Yibo a hand climbing the bars. He was no athlete so I don't blame him for not being able to climb without any help. We laid back on the wooden platform atop the jungle gym and gazed off into the vast night sky. The moon shone its light across the town, covering it in an eerie yet relaxing shade of blue. I could've slept here all night but I knew that I would get not only myself but Yibo in trouble as well.

When I conversed with Yibo he seemed cheerful. It brought a smile to my face seeing him in such a great mood. He was able to express himself. He became more animated. Seeing him cast under the moonlight added to his presence and appearance. Meeting him is the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Having him around really brightens my mood. I can't say the same about my other friends though.

When we got back to the cabin I brushed my teeth and took to the bed. I laid closer to the middle, leaving a smaller distance between me and Yibo. Sleeping next to him is relaxing. I fall asleep much faster being near him. When I'm laying next to him I just have this urge to wrap my arms around him. It's odd, he seems to fall asleep quicker when he's sleeping with me as well. Maybe it's the heat, I don't know. When Yibo returned to the room, he took a place in bed. He laid in front of me like usual, only this time we were much closer.

I was about to fall asleep when I felt something press against my body. Yibo erased the little distance between us. He placed his back against my stomach. I was shocked, but most of all, happy. I was glad he was comfortable enough to do it. I relaxed onto his small body, and soon enough both of us were off to deep sleep.