Fifty-six

Yibo's Pov.

Zhan pulled into the garage and shut off the engine. We got out and headed for the front door. Zhan seemed to be caught in his thoughts the whole drive home. I guess the "surprise" really is something to be surprised about huh?

Zhan's hand stopped at the handle of the front door. I looked at him questioningly and he just sighed.

"Alright, prepare yourself." He warned, pulling open the door. I'm guessing he already knew what was coming. I spotted Jia sitting in front of an unrecognizable figure.

"Welcome home you two!" Jia beamed getting up from the couch. Now that Jia moved I could see the figure clearly. It was a mature looking girl who's appearance resembled that of Sarah's.

"Surprise!" Jia said, framing the girl in her flailing hands.

"Shit, I knew it." Zhan sighed again.

"Who is this?" I asked, looking between Jia and Zhan.

"My sister, Yanli." Zhan answered dully.

"I finally get to see my little brothers again." Yanli's voice rang out through the living room. Her voice was soft enough not to be jarring, at least not as much as the rest of the family. She must get it from Jang since his voice is the softest out of everyones.

"This must be the boy you've been so
enthusiastic about." She spoke to Jia then smirked my way before walking over. I stood in place, shyly. She got uncomfortably close, eying me from head to toe.

"Hmm..." She hummed, narrowing her eyes. "I don't see what's so special about this boy." She said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt, even just a little.

"Sure, he may be pretty cute, but that's not saying much, I mean look at Zhan." She hissed. To be honest I didn't know what to make of this.

"Pay no mind to her." Zhan told me, pulling me past her with his arm wrapped over my shoulder.

"What? No hug for your dear elder sister?"
Yanli cried out crocodile tears. "Just as grumpy as ever I see. This is exactly what I'm talking about." She sighed.

"Dinner will be ready soon so make sure you are prepared!" Jia informed.

"We can catch up during dinner, Sean." Yanli teased with a wink. Zhan sighed and continued ignoring her. He dragged me off to his room and shut the door behind him.

"That girl can be really annoying." He sighed. "Man this week is going to be tough."

"You don't talk about her much." I pointed out.

"Yeah, that's because I usually prefer avoiding conversations about my family." He said, opening the window to the room. The light air of the summer night poured its way in, making the room twice as comfy.

"Don't take what she said to heart, because you are special, Yibo." Zhan said in a deep tone, walking over to me. My cheeks flushed a deep red. He lifted my head with two of his fingers and captured me in a deep kiss. I felt myself melting into it. Warm shivers coursed through me as his lips worked mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to narrow the non-existent space between us. He placed a hand just above my waist and pulled me into him, connecting our bodies. Being the extreme heat machine that Zhan is, I was warmed from head to toe. Our kiss started slow and simple, or at least that would
be the way Zhan would describe it, but it eventually evolved into something much more passionate and heated. Zhan took control of the kiss doing as he pleased, but let's just say he knew exactly what I wanted. He had me unconsciously moaning. He'd crack a wide smile every time I did. I was so flustered I didn't even care, I just wanted him to kiss me more. This was only my second time kissing
someone, so it was still a relatively new experience.