Forty-one

Yibo's Pov.

She dropped me off on the street near my house as I tell everyone to do. We exchanged goodbyes and she drove off. I returned home in the thick fog that swallowed up the neighborhood. It was a pretty creepy sight but I've grown accustomed to the occasional fantasy-like mist.

The house was silent upon entering, and
surprisingly stayed that way. I spent most of my night just reading, with the occasional thoughts of the game from earlier today passing through my head. I really felt bad for Zhan. He deserved that victory. I was rooting for him but in the end, it didn't matter, he still seemed so down after the match. Hopefully, the guys will be able to cheer him up during the after party, or dinner rather. It isn't really a
party since they weren't celebrating their
win.

The thought of Zhan also got me thinking about what it was he was going to tell me. It seemed pretty important, and now I'm going crazy trying to figure out what it could be. I decided it would be best just to go to bed and rest up for tomorrow since work continues as well.

Zhan's Pov.

On the drive to dinner, the guys were as loud as hell. It's almost like they forgot all about the match, or they were trying to forget. Even if that were the case they were still too freaking loud. I didn't bother saying anything though.

"What are you guys going to order?" Yubin asks, popping his head over the seat.

"Something light with a salad." Zhao said,
staring at her phone.

"I'ma get a burger!" Meng growled.

"Same!" Ji Li quickly lifted a hand.

"I don't know yet. " I answered. My mind was still too wrapped up with the game and Yibo. I couldn't tell him how I felt. The moment seemed ruined after being interrupted. I guess I'll have to try again some other time.

We arrived at a diner. Yubin gave directions to one of the guys from my team and he drove. Nicholas and Clark came along too. We had to take the guy's car because it can hold up to eight people, and with so many of us going it only made sense.

Heads turned as the rowdy group and I entered the diner. We found a table and ordered our meals. I got a sloppy Joe sandwich. It reminded me of the trip, the day I and Yibo shared our food. He was so shy and goofy, I still find it unbearably cute. It's becoming increasingly hard to resist him every day.

The loud surroundings snapped me out of my daze. The guys were messing around. There were plenty of jokes being thrown around, some borderline offensive. Soon enough the girls were joining in. They were all having fun, forgetting about the game. It was probably better this way.

I would've gone home early but I didn't bring my car. It was still at the school. I had to sit through all of their unbearable shenanigans. If I'd known it would be like this I would've just hung out with Yibo. They knew how frustrated I was yet they continued bugging and teasing me. I did nothing but sigh and roll my eyes.

After dinner, we were dropped off at the school to get our vehicles. I said a barely audible bye to everyone before heading over to my car. It felt so much better being alone. The largest sigh of relief escaped me.

I started my car, pulled out of the driveway, and headed home. I would still like to hang with Yibo but it's getting late, it's currently eleven pm, and I have a feeling he wouldn't be up for it.

Halfway home my phone went off. I was excited, hoping it was Yibo, but when I saw the caller I realized it was Cindy. I released a long sigh before answering it.

"Hello?" I started.

"Hey Zhan." Her voice was soft.

"What's up?" I asked, wondering why she was calling me.