Chapter 19: Avalon

My hands went straight to my face, as I woke up to see Josh in only a towel, carrying clothes in his arms. He stood in shock, obviously not expecting me to wake up at that moment, in only a towel, showing off his scars and tattoo, with droplets of water on his shoulders, and his hair flopped from being wet. The image was burned into my brain as I looked down into my palms, feeling my cheeks burn against my skin, as the heat boiled my blood in a way of lust. I heard him chuckle nervously behind the pounding of my heart.

    "I didn't mean to wake you," his voice comes out as his morning rasp, he must have not been up long.

    "You didn't," I say into my hands, trying hard not to look. Though he only laughs a little more.

    "I'll go change now," he chuckles. I nod my head, feeling the burning in my cheeks, listening to his footsteps move across the room, into the bathroom.

    Removing my head from my palms, I take a glance around the room. The sunlight peeked through the window, warming me in the slightly cold room. The bag that Josh was hitting last night stood in the middle of the room, reminding me of the softness and warmth of his lips against my own, I couldn't help but trace my own lips the way he did mine last night. With his hands around my waist, so gentle, tingling spreading on all over my limbs. Along with the way he carried me to his sheets, with him climbing in beside me moments later, placing my head on his chest. Listening to his heartbeat, and his steady breaths from within. Our legs intertwined underneath his soft fitted sheets, my feet barely hovering from his from the height difference. Till the moment he kissed the top of my head when I was just about to fall asleep. I knew he could see my smile grow upon my lips, for I could feel him watching me throughout the night. His smile glances towards me.

    A small movement startled me from my thoughts. The thoughts that take out the old ones.

    "What are you thinking about?" Josh asked from beside me. His smile was bright and charming as usual.

    "Nothing," I lied, looking up towards him with his kind eyes. Him wearing his usual white t-shirt and jeans. Suiting him perfectly.

    "You sure? You're blushing," he teases.

    I groaned, hiding my face in my hands once again. I couldn't count how many times he's made me feel like this. I guess from the second I met him, this is how it was like. It's a feeling I've never felt before, towards anyone. I have yet to understand it all. Though his hands pulled my own away once again from my face, looking into my eyes.

    "I told you, you don't have to hide from me," his words soft, gentle with the rasp between his words. I held my breath as he stared down, playing with my jaw with his fingertips. "I will be the one who protects you. Who holds you when you're down. Who makes you laugh no matter how you feel about me in that moment. I will be your shoulder to lean on, and cry on, I have two. Need a pair of arms to hold you, that can be my arms. I'm here for you, been here from the start."

    His words pound my heart. Creating some toxin in my brain that I can't think properly. My body is in control of what I want. And what I want is him. So it doesn't surprise me when it's me pressing my lips hard against his. He takes in the romantic assault, wrapping his arms around my waist while I do the same around his neck.

    His lips move in sync with mine. His breath tickles my own lips when pulling away for air, before he pulls me back in. His hands gently pressed into my skin, but not enough to hurt, while I took hold of his hair that was still damp between my fingers. Pulling softly, listening to the small whimper against our teeth, as he pulls away.

Breathing heavily while resting his forehead against my own.

    "I should go," I breathed, thinking it was the last thing I, or we, wanted.