Chapter 20: Avalon

TW

DRINKING

*****************************************

It was almost time to go, my body was in a slight panic while I stood watching myself in the mirror placing mascara on my lashes, after a light rose lip gloss that came quite bright on my lips, so in an attempt to tone it down, I put on the lightest layer possible. I settled on an off white t-shirt, with a high waisted pair of back skin tight jeans, with a small light blue jean jacket to cover any visible bruises on my arms, though the ones forming on my neck were something that were hard to cover.

    The silver necklace from yesterday hung loose on my neck, resting just above my chest over the shirt. I stared at myself through the bathroom mirror, working my hand through the long brown hair that covers my shoulder. It had a slight curl to it after the shower, which I have come to quite enjoy in my hair, as it made it look slightly shorter than it is.

***

*I heard you're going to the party?* my phone buzzed in my pocket, right before leaving my room.

*How did you know?* It shocked me from the moment Asher's name came at the top of the screen.

*Those three girl's won't stop talking about it,* Of course, they seem to be the type of girls to go around gossiping about things. *They talk about you often.*

*They do?* I shifted uncomfortably in my skin.

    *Yea, you're quite the person in the gossip town.*

    Memories of the day at the mall, their small gasps from behind me with the freshly bruised body. How there was so much black across my pale skin, there was barely beneath it. Though now they've turned a pale yellow, with hints of green. But how much did they actually see? Or what do they say about it?

    *What do they say?* I finally asked, scared of the answer.

    The last thing I need are rumors starting, or people finding out the past. The things that happened, or even what I did myself. I couldn't bear the thought of others finding out.

    "Ready to go?" Josh came from behind, startling me from my thoughts.

    "Yeah, I'm ready." I put the phone in my back pocket, not yet turning around.

    "Is something wrong?" his voice filled with worry behind every rasp. I listened to every step growing behind me as he seemed to be stepping closer.

    "No, everything is alright," I smiled shyly even if he couldn't see it. But his hands wrapped around my torso, holding me tight against. I closed my eyes taking in his warmth.

    "We don't have to go, you know," he says into my ear. I let out a breath.

    "I want to go," my voice came out quieter than I intended. But then again, do I really want to? Or am I going for him? Which one is he?

    In a matter of a week, I'm so confused. Not only about myself, but the people around me. Who is who? What do they mean half the time? Yet now I'm here, on my way to a party. Which I've never thought I would have.

    He smiled at me, nodding towards the door. I took in his look. Though it's not much different from his normal attire, a white t-shirt, with light blue ripped jeans. His sneakers slightly scuffed on the white souls, and a small sliver chain rested against his chest. The shirt he wore hung tightly against his skin. Small outlines of his stomach are barely visible, along with the tattoo on his ribs.