03. the shame council

03 | "Are you okay?"

Our meeting was supposed to take place this Friday, but after my 'mistake', the council called an early meeting to discuss the urgency and solution to the problem

Our meeting was supposed to take place this Friday, but after my 'mistake', the council called an early meeting to discuss the urgency and solution to the problem. As we file into our dedicated room, I can hear the members talk about me as I slowly ascend the stairwell.

"I've been getting so many threats from the people in our class. All because of one simple mistake," One groan, the other sighing. "How could the president make such a rookie mistake? She's the one who makes sure none of this happens, and even made new council members sign a form making sure they know how to use the website! How hypocritical."

The other one shakes her head. "It's a rookie mistake, but everyone makes mistakes," Thank you for sympathizing with me. I'll give you a leadership opportunity the next time you ask. "Who knows? Maybe someone else made a mistake, and as the best president in all our school history, she's covering for them."

You must be psychic.

"Well, that's stupid. I doubt she'd do that," The other frowns. Why does she doubt me so much? Should I kick you from the council?! "There's no way she's that nice. And if she was, then she's too kind. That's the type of kindness that gets you killed."

"C'mon, don't say that about her!"

"Stop idolizing her!" Their voices tune out as they turn left, finding their seats together. I itch the nape of my neck, awkwardly standing in front of them as they all continue to give me dirty looks.

Because of this mistake, my whole council has been affected. I'm sorry, even if I didn't do the damage.

Once the meeting starts, the questions ricochet.

"Were you really the one who crashed the forum, Prez?" I feel like a sinner against all these eyes. Before this event, I was glorified by my peers. I was a great president, and everyone would praise me! However, now that Heeseung has butchered my reputation, everyone was against me for a moment. Whatever my next sentence would be would decide my fate... and I promised the person who did it that I wouldn't rat them out.