29. prom-failures and prep

29 | "That's what your head thinks

29 | "That's what your head thinks. Think about your heart."

"Wow

"Wow... President Moon is really determined to get things going again," I hear as I instruct the bouquet-makers. Heeseung's not too far from me, reading off my clipboard of necessities due to forced proximity. Of course, giving him a job makes it so that he can't leave my side. I look over at him, but he doesn't look uncomfortable. Instead, he wears an expectant expression, one that's satisfactory to look at. "Even with her relationship too. Kudos to her. I would be too scared after seeing Vice President Lee all mad at her."

I know, right? I truly am such a heroine.

"But, she's been a little pushy lately," What?! "Don't you think Vice President Lee doesn't like her anymore? She's been pursuing him, yet he's not indulging in any of her attempts. I think it's back to fighting again, damn it... It was fun while it lasted. Now, it'll be a battlefield."

What will be a battlefield?! Why, I might just put you two to work! I thought you were on my side! I think I'm standing in the middle ground, just enough that if Heeseung were to really express that he's uncomfortable, I'll stop, but if not, I wouldn't say a word!

"Are you enjoying their conversation?"

"Yes. Huh?" I turn my head to face Heeseung, who continues to write down other needs. I feel my face heat up, clearing my throat. "I mean, no. What conversation? The flowers?"

"Aera, please fix the design of this part of the banner right here," He departs, going to talk to one of our most acknowledged council members. I pout, crossing my arms. He's so stubborn, but I saw it for a moment–he was grinning while speaking to me. I guess Yuri was right, I need to continue chasing after him!

Prom was just two weeks away. We began planning a month ago, but after not being on terms with Heeseung for the first two weeks, it's been slow-moving. Now that we're both here, we get to dictate evenly, even if that means him just going with whatever I say because he doesn't want to talk to me.

I was yet to pick out a dress and a date. Yuri suggested a promposal many times, but... as I watch Heeseung help the others with their prom ideas, his back facing me and refusing to turn around, a promposal is getting less and less possible. I fear rejection, and as oblivious as I was, it would be sick to use prom against him! We're seniors, and to force him into that situation...