18. a secret unknown (obvious)

18 | "Part of me wanted it to be you

18 | "Part of me wanted it to be you."

I clip on the earrings and tidy up my dress as my stepmom and Yuri sit next to each other

I clip on the earrings and tidy up my dress as my stepmom and Yuri sit next to each other. They sit on the edge of my bed, inspecting every stitch of my dress, and the shoes that I begin to decide to pick out. "I say the white heels!"

"I agree, Mrs. Moon. With the baby blue, white heels would fit lavishly," Yuri leans forward, smirking. I give her a look that screams for her to shut up, but with her foolishness, she doesn't. "I can't believe you're really going on a date with my brother. I knew you guys would work out somehow."

"You didn't want me to meet him at first."

"Well, I had a change of heart," Yuri hums, looking towards the other woman in the room. "Mrs. Moon, you make some really good watermelon juice. Is there any more?"

"Yeah, I can go get it for you. Hand me the glass," Yuri always has a motive. Making her leave the room prompts Yuri to talk about whatever the hell she wants. My stepmother isn't stupid though and exchanges a confused look with me when she's spiritually forced out of my room. After her departure, Yuri leans against the door. Before she could start the conversation, I did it instead.

"Heeseung... how's he?"

Yuri raises an eyebrow, scandalously leaning forward with her chest. "Why? Curious?"

"Shut up, Lee. I'm asking because I'm curious. That's what a question is."

"Alright, no need to be an ass," She whimpers, going back to bed. Instead of sitting, she jumps on it, laying down like a flat star at home. "He's been wanting to talk to you, or rather, waiting for some kind of indication that you'd want him more than my brother. Whatever the hell that means..."

I chuckle, shaking my head. "When you left, he asked me to choose between him or your brother. I couldn't make a decision," Yuri groans, beginning to make a snow angel with her flailing limbs. "What? I was telling the truth. The blind date is for me to test the waters, not to completely date your brother!"

"He's not a bad person, just insecure about what others think about him. I think he's fairly nervous about what you might think since you're piquing his interest," Wow. Is a guy interested in me? That hasn't happened since the single-digit years! Most men see Heeseung and I fight and call it quits. I guess Yuri's brother hasn't heard of our past. "He's a bit afraid of what you might think of him. He doesn't want you to be disappointed."