31. re-dinner

31 | "Your whole life, you've given him happiness

31 | "Your whole life, you've given him happiness."

"Thank you for coming over, Hayoon!" Mrs

"Thank you for coming over, Hayoon!" Mrs. Lee greets me with a hug, rubbing my back soothingly. "At least this time, I won't have to hide my true feelings. It only happened because of this dramatic boyfriend of yours over here."

Heeseung invited me over for dinner, or really, a re-do of the dinner before. Heeseung whines, crossing his arms. "Mom, don't say that!" Heeseung exclaims, but she simply shrugs. I can see Mr. Lee at the dinner table, silent, drinking his tea. I think Mrs. Lee told him, but I don't doubt that I'll have to talk to him personally about it later. He seems like a scary figure, but I'm sure he's nice. "You're so embarrassing. Why must you always say these kinds of things in front of my girlfriend?!"

She hits him, making him wince. "Idiot. Before she's your girlfriend, she's your friend–practically–since diapers! What does she not know about you?"

He holds the spot where she hit me, pouting like a toddler. I stifle a giggle, holding it back behind my hand. He glares at me, almost ready to curse me out. "I guess you're right. Whatever. I guess the more you know, the fewer secrets you have to keep," He grabs my hand, pulling me in. "Where's Yuri, by the way?"

"Getting all dolled up for no reason. You know how she is–when we have visitors, she likes looking all pretty as if she was the one dating. Your father and I have tried telling her multiple times that it's just Hayoon coming over and that she's seen her when she's literally in her nightgown, but she thinks it's different now. She keeps calling Hayoon her sister-in-law, while I don't even dream of marriage between you both yet."

Heeseung crosses his arms, looking proud. "I dream of our future, though."

"Heeseung," Mrs. Lee and I synchronized, irritated by his lovesick behavior. I cross my arms, shaking my head. "We're graduating soon, and now in your head, it's marriage?! What about college, hm?"

"And what about getting a job?" She adds.

"And what about–"

"Enough reprimanding him," Mr. Lee finally chimed in, joining us in the doorway. He quickly ushers us in, bringing us into the dining room as we continue waiting for Yuri. "Your son's just a bit smitten by Hayoon, that's all. Let him smother you, Hayoon so that he'll begin to get tired of it."