13. two-sided vice

13 | "Tell me, if he talked to you, would you really forgive him?"

"So, tell me," I begin, causing the student council member to turn his head

"So, tell me," I begin, causing the student council member to turn his head. "What should we decorate the walls with?"

"Why are you asking me?" He narrows his eyes, looking back for a moment. I follow the trail of his gaze, and I find Heeseung glaring at us. I turn back to the member, who turns out to be a boy named Nishimura Riki. He has no genuine significance, but I find that he's always getting on Heeseung's last nerves. "Shouldn't you be asking the Vice President? Or, are you both still not on good terms?"

I narrowed my eyes back at the sarcastic freshman. "What does that have to do with me asking a valued member for his opinion?"

He stops touching up the fragments of the mural, sighing. "It's because you're usually not like this, Prez," Before crossing his arms, he puts the paintbrush into the cup in his other hand. "You and the Vice President only talk to each other about such opinions, and we follow. Following all of us around, asking nonsensical things that will never change a thing... don't you think that's pathetic? After all, this is only because you two aren't speaking. If you were, hell, I don't even think you'd be in my proximity."

My jaw drops, and I'm certain this is all out of hatred. However, Nishimura Riki reads my mind. "That's not out of hatred for you, President. I favor many of your judgments," After such a compliment, all he does is shake his head. "However, none of us can put aside the facts. Please don't use your members as a distraction."

And he walks away. Speechless as I was, my eyes scream insulted. I can hear the unrestrained laughter leaving someone's lips as they inch closer, and I know as they hold a clipboard in their arms that it is Sunoo. I grit my teeth, trying not to show too much displeasure. "You're trying too hard, Prez," Sunoo coos, his hand placing the clipboard onto the auditorium seat. "Why try to go for a stranger just to upset him?"

"He's always hot-headed. However, it's rare to know what he's really angry about."

"What about the day we all studied together?" I begin to talk, but he shushes me. "Don't try to deny it. If he's so mad at us being together... shall we take it a step further?"