17. the trademark brother

17 | "Between me and this vision of him you have, which one do you like more?"

"You know, Yuri, I think I want to meet your brother," I've been thinking about it for a while since we went to the park

"You know, Yuri, I think I want to meet your brother," I've been thinking about it for a while since we went to the park. This "trademark" brother of hers has to be some doctor or something, or perhaps, a lawyer! Wait, but didn't she say one time he was in high school, and he goes to school with us? Maybe he's a model student. Ooh, I hope he's in student council, actually-

"Absolutely not," She denies, alarm written all over her face. "I won't have you meet my brother. He's a total lunatic! What if his stupidity rubs off on you? What if you like him more than me? What if you guys become best friends, or even more, dating–actually, that won't be bad. He'd agree to go on a date with you."

What? "You've talked to him about me?"

"Of course I have. You're in my mind, darling, 25/8. Our parents are probably sick of hearing about you," Yuri shrugs, sitting back in her chair. "I guess it wouldn't be that bad if you guys hit things off and we became family. After all, we're already sister-like."

I shake my head, embarrassed of her shameless words. "But, I don't know if I like him like that. How do you know he likes me in that way?" I point at her, but she sticks a hand up to avoid the accusations. "Do you guys even hang out that much? Didn't you call him an idiot, like a trillion times?"

She then inspects her recent test, seeing the big fat sixty-eight satisfy her. When she looks over at mine and sees the one-hundred, she scowls pitifully. "Just because we hate each other's guts doesn't mean that we don't care about each other. Anyway, just agree to go on a blind date with him. Okay? At least try it once!"

I itch the nape of my neck, tilting my head in worry. "I don't know, Yuri..."

"What did you guys get?" Heeseung enters the conversation without a greeting, sitting on the desk adjacent to my body. We stick our papers up, and as he looks at Yuri, he scoffs–but, when he looks at mine, he frowns even more. "Damn it, you beat me by half a point."

"Haha. Checkmate."

"Stupid," Heeseung mumbles, nudging me to the side. I smile slightly, enjoying such a small moment of skinship, and look back to Yuri, who's already glaring my way. I realize my situation and scoot over to my left. God, can't believe she saw that. Sometimes, I forget we share a boy best friend– and not that it matters or anything, but I don't know how she feels toward him. "Also, Yuri, do better. Didn't your mom tell you to get at least an eighty and she'll buy you some of those photo cards you like? You know, of that boyband?"