06. suspicions start to swallow me

06 | "Don't you have a girl who often makes you happy?"

The student council room was quiet as I projected the groups on the board

The student council room was quiet as I projected the groups on the board. I chew on my lip, soon getting ready to talk. "Since we'll be making sure the planetarium is reconstructed, I have placed everyone in a group to get things done," Clearing my throat, the venomous eyes of my members force me to keep my eyes low. "So, I need the public relations group to-"

"Nothing's changed, President," Someone said. I go silent. "You're still an enemy."

Heeseung sits back, a leg crossed over the other, with a worn-out look. "Didn't I tell you guys-

"Stay out of it, Vice President Lee," Another girl said. I itch the nape of my neck, awkwardly standing. "You still have our respect. She doesn't. You don't want to be accused of being a traitor either, do you?"

"Accused of betrayal, my a-"

"Don't," I reply, catching Heeseung's attention before he finishes his insulting sentence. I turn off the presentation, turning back to them once the projector's completely off. Moving to the center of the room, I bow. I don't know how else I can start or end the problem, but with a chorus of whispers, I bow even further. "I apologize to everyone for my mistake. You didn't deserve all those insults, only I did. I hope with the kindness in your soul, you can forgive me. If not, please... let these meetings go on smoothly without bias. You can hate me outside of this room. However, please, for the sake of the school... let me live."

I don't know what to think. This was embarrassing. A humiliating apology. My pride was shattering and my already deflated dignity was on its last leg. How did I do this to myself? Was I wrong to be at blame?

They seem to agree, so I clear my throat. "Until we get past our bias, let's scrap the planetarium project for now," I state, hands fiddling in front of me as I stare at different colored eyes. "For now, how about we work on the holiday event at the academy? All the parents are coming, so the principal entrusted us to make the lobby look welcoming."

"I like that idea!" Sunoo adds, smiling. "We could add a banner at the front, and add more lights. Since the holiday theme is candy, how about we peppermint-ify the lobby?"