Chapter 72 - Of Course I Do

❤️❤️❤️
(Songs for this chapter -
Guess I'm In Love - CLINTON KANE
Adore {Acoustic} - AMY SHARK
The Only Exception - PARAMORE)

REAPER POV

Simon isn't listening to Price at all, I can see it in his eyes. He's concentrating too much on me. He looks so hunky dressed up, his dark brown shirt is just a little too tight around his arms and shoulders. But with the belt and black pants he looks classy.

I can see his eyes moving between my eyes, waist and the hem of my dress. He's never seen me in something like this, I've never been in something like this. Once his eyes get back to mine I give him the look, 'stop thinking about me naked and pay attention'.

He looks back at me 'I never stop thinking about you naked.' I subtly roll my eyes at him.

"Simon?" Price says.

"Yeah?" He answers instinctually and we all giggle, even Price.

"Do you?" He repeats again smiling.

"Of course I do." I shake my head at Simon giggling, he didn't catch any of that but agreed anyway.

"And El do you?" Price says looking over at me.

"I do." I grin back, feeling Simon's hands relax in mine.

"Rings?" Price asks, I don't have anything for Simon, surely someone thought of that. I turn around and look at Sam, and General Baird. I am glad he's here even if he did arrive a little late. Sam is holding out a plain black steel ring for me.

"Sam you didn't." I whisper back at her getting all teary again.

"No I didn't, Reds and Hawks did." She whispers back smiling at me through her own tears.

I'm glad she's behind me, I'd be crying so much more if I could see her crying. I turn back to Simon, he's holding Sam's ring out patiently waiting for me. I feel like I can't breathe, like at any second I'm going to pass out.

Simon slides Sam's... my ring onto my finger,
"I give you this ring as a reminder that we face this world together. That we're an unbreakable team."
He discreetly squeezes my hand before he lets go,   now I'm really crying again.

I blink through my tears so I can see enough to get Simon's ring on,
"I give you this ring as a reminder of my trust and love for you. That I am yours, today and forever."
Simon smiles his ear to ear grin at me as I squeeze his hand back.

"Simon and El, on this evening, you've pledged to honour and defend each other as you walk through life together. There are no two people better suited to each other than you, and I know you'll meet each day to come with the same stubbornness and love that brought you here."

Simon's eyes dart from me to Price, I squeeze his hand telling him to relax as I quietly giggle. Price is being honest, as much as Simon hates to hear it.

"So before I get any more dirty looks, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Simon you may kiss your bride."

Simon picks me up by my waist so I am level with his lips, bringing me into kiss him. I'm little embarrassed, everyone is watching and clapping or cheering. But Simon doesn't seem to care.
"I love you." He whispers to me as he gently puts me back down.