14. Painful

Author's POV 

Author's POV 

Lia entered Y/N's room seeing it dark and gloomy. She could make out her niece's figure curled up against the bed's headboard. She could hear the soft sniffles and silent cries. She switched on the lights as Y/N looked up at her, quickly wiping her tears as she tried to smile. 

Y/N who tried to cover her pain was hugged by her aunt tightly as her aunt patted her back.
"I heard what happened dear. Just cry and let it all out" Her Aunt whispered as Y/n broke out in wild cries. It took more than 2 hours for her aunt to calm Y/N as she went back to sniffling. 

Lia looked down at her own niece who she considered as her daughter. 
"I -I am sorry Aunt. I keep causing you trouble. " Y/N said as Lia sighed.

 "What trouble are you speaking about? Y/N dear you're like my own daughter. Stop apologizing and get a hold of yourself. I know what happened today is not your fault. And I'm telling you that, Jungkook lost a treasure itself. What is done is done and it's his loss. There is no reason for you to weep about something that had already happed. I want you, my dear, to realize your own worth. We can't change his decision. But we sure can make him know your value. So get a hold of yourself and be you. Cause I know my darling isn't any weak girl.  

"I know you as a strong brave girl who can overcome all her problems. Now dear I want you to calm yourself and listen to your heart. It will lead you to your right destination" Aunt Lia said as Y/N nodded feeling a bit more relaxed. She was broken but still, she didn't want to lose to someone who didn't want her. 

She realized there is no point in hanging onto someone who clearly declared that he doesn't want her. As soon as Aunt Lia left for her night shift in the hospital Y/N made herself a cup of hot chocolate as she gulped it down. She walked in front of a room as she touched its door. It was her parent's old room.

She softly twisted the doorknob open and entered the room not forgetting to switch on the light. She smiled looking at the whole room filled with paintings of her childhood self by her mom and a few pictures of their little family. 

Y/N looked at the old pictures smiling through her pain

Y/N looked at the old pictures smiling through her pain. She missed them. She missed her parents a lot, especially at times like this. Y/N was remorse that was until her eyes caught on the big book on her mother's writing desk. 

She carefully took the book

She carefully took the book. Feeling the rough leather across her palm. It was quite heavy. She sat down on the bed as she skimmed her hands on the key. she carefully detached the key from the straps. Putting the key into her grey hoodie's pocket she opened up the straps as she carefully opened the book 

In the middle of the first page, it was beautifully written of her mother's Korean name First and down to that her English name. 

              𝓚𝓪𝓷𝓰 𝓨𝓾𝓻𝓪
      𝒜𝓊𝓇𝒶 𝒯𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝒟𝑒𝓃𝓈𝒾

Y/n smiled trying not to cry over the name. She turned to the next page reading the dairy. Maybe it took an hour or two to read her mother's diary which was written from the time that her --mother got to know she was pregnant with her to the time she was 7 years old. She read through the diary feeling like her mom was telling her the memories. She read her mother talking about her three friends and her describing the bond they once used to share until it was broken today. 

Almost to the end of the book her mother stopped writing. Y/N was filled with a mix of all kinds of feelings. The last memory her mother wrote was the day when 7-year-old Y/N drew up a painting and showed it to her. Y/N smiled looking at her mother expressing her happiness to see the painting. 

Y/N turned the pages to see a folded white paper. She opened the paper carefully to see a shabby picture of a house, Two People with white hair, two people with black hair, and four small kids. Y/N smiled looking at the first picture she drew. It was her grandparents, parents, and herself with her three best friends. Her smile disappeared as quickly as she glanced at her own picture self-clutching the hands of a boy who she knew was her small drawing of Jungkook.

Y/N folded the paper and put it back between the dairy pages. She closed the book just then a letter dropped down. Crouching down she took it up and inspected it. It was written by her mom, and she could recognize the handwriting. On the letter cover, there was a name written 

                                    𝓡𝓪𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷 

Y/N carefully opened the cover taking a yellow-colored paper out from the cover. It was folded neatly two times. She unfolded the paper to see some kind of map.

Suddenly the door opened as her Aunt Lia came. 
"Oh, darling! What are you doing here? It's almost midnight" Aunt Lia commented as Y/N smiled slightly before apologizing. 

"Oh! Sorry! I was just exploring the room." Y/N spoke standing up as her aunt nodded. "You can do it tomorrow. Now go and sleep" Aunt said as Y/N nodded exiting the room not forgetting to take the map and the book. She walked up to her room and looked at the clock showing 12 am. Y/N chuckled sadly looking at the neatly covered gift box on her desk with a letter and dried rose petals. 

It was the gift she prepared for him. Seems like it was just a waste of time now. She was planning to confess her love to him today, but everything took a 180-degree turn a few hours before. Y/N as she jumped on the bed trying to fall asleep. She had no more strength to read more of the letter. 

Deciding to read it the next day Y/N fell asleep.