22. The wolf

Your POV

I gasped looking at the sight in front of me. It was a beautiful stream more like a river. It looked so beautiful. I could see the stars clearly up in the sky shining brightly. 

The wind was blowing strongly making my hairs go wild as they danced according to the tunes of the flowing water

The wind was blowing strongly making my hairs go wild as they danced according to the tunes of the flowing water. I smiled in bliss enjoying the beauty of nature as I sat down by the river. I close my ears hearing the gurgling sound of water and the fluttering of wings and leaves. I felt excited all of a sudden. Forgetting all my worries I just want to drown in this glimpse of unknown comfort that I found within these forests. 

I opened my eyes and giggled feeling the butterflies sitting on my shoulder as a few of them danced around me. It was as if they were trying to make me happy. Somehow I feel like I am at home now. As if I belong here inside this forest.  

Suddenly I felt so cold. Then out of the blue, I heard a low growling sound followed by twigs snapping. I focused my eyes looking at the other side of the river

Then I saw it, a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

I screamed in horror seeing the emerging wolf with dark reddish brown fur and pair of ugly yellow eyes

I screamed in horror seeing the emerging wolf with dark reddish brown fur and pair of ugly yellow eyes. I didn't think twice before I sprinted off in the direction I came from. I could hear it growl from behind and the sound of splashing water which made me confirm that the wolf passed across the river and is after me. I ran as fast as I could.

I ran past the trees trying to avoid all the trees without getting bumped into them. The branches scratched my dress, eventually scratching my skin as I ran. Maybe it's been five minutes of running but It felt like an eternity to me. My legs were aching and my hands and knees were bleeding as I forced myself to run as fast as I could feeling the wolf catching up to me. Its growls were getting loud and my fear just increased recognising it was the same wolf from many of my dreams. 

Unfortunately, I tripped on the tree root and as I fell. I tried to get up but the pain in my ankle made me realize I sprained my legs and my ankle was deeply wounded by the twig that was stabbed like a knife onto my skin. 

Tears escaped my eyes as I groaned in pain, I reached out for the twig and pulled it out, letting out a scream of pain. I could hear the growl getting closer as I forced my wounded self to get up.

It was paining so badly as I cried. I stood up leaning against the tree. I saw the wolf as it jumped out of the bushes. It looked at me and growled as more tears escaped my eyes. 

Is it how it ends? My life? Is this how I die? Unlike the other wolf, I saw near my house this one was completely different. It held a mean look, unlike the other one. 

I sat down as the wolf slowly walked down to me. I closed my eyes fear knowing I couldn't do anything now. I had no phone or anything since I came out empty-handed. 

 Fear and regret filled my mind as I prayed for someone to help me. Then I felt it growl loudly as I closed my eyes more tightly 

Out of the blue, I heard another growl. I opened my eyes as another wolf pounced out of the bushes from my side. The wolf had black fur and I couldn't see its face. The wolf growled at the yellow-eyed wolf, baring its teeth which I could make out. 

The yellow-eyed wolf just growled back pouncing at the overly large black-furred wolf. 
It tried to claw the black wolf and the black wolf within no seconds turned, the black wolf pinned down the yellow-eyed one and growled. 

Then I saw the clear view of the wolf. It had purple eyes. I gasped loudly as I held my heart feeling it beat overly fast as the said wolf glanced at me once before staring down at its prey which was pinned down to the ground and growling at it. 

The yellow-eyed wolf whimpered as if it was in pain. The black wolf stepped down from its body as the other wolf quickly collected itself and ran back into the forest. The black wolf growled at it once more before turning to look at me 

I gulped feeling nervousness build inside me as the big wolf approached me slowly. I closed my eyes leaning further into the tree. I could feel it was so close to me. Suddenly I felt something soft on my hands. I opened my eyes to see the wolf nuzzling into my hands with his stare fixed on me. 

His fur was soft and silky I felt it moving closer to my hands. I gulped down as I slowly caressed the fur. The wolf looked at my eyes staring down at my soul before averting its gaze unto my leg. I looked down to see the wound bleeding heavily. 

The wolf whimpered slightly as if to show me its sadness as he looked back at me. I smiled through the pain before whispering

"I-I'll be al-alright" I whispered trying to comfort even a bit if I can for the wolf who somehow seemingly saved me. It looked at me with a pained expression before crouching down and sitting on butts. 

I gulped as the wolf lowered his face onto my wound and licked up the bleeding blood. I graned slightly due to the sting but somehow I saw the wound closing up. 

I gasped looking at the wagging wolf who looked at him as if he was happy. He then continued to lick up a few of the other scratches on my legs as the wound healed quickly 

what is happening? Is it magic or what? The wolf who finished his job of healing moved closer to me. I brought up the courage and raised my hand as I softly glided it through his fur I saw the wolf leaning more into my hands,

I smiled softly as I cupped his face. We stared at each other as I took in the hues of his gorgeous purple eyes. I felt a connection with this wolf. 

"Thank you for saving me. I don't why but why do feel like I know you"I whispered looking into his eyes deeply. The wolf made a low grunting sound as he looked a bit happy. Suddenly he moved back away from me. He lowered his head and neck slightly as if he was bowing and the next second he dashed into the forest.

I huffed in frustration as I tried to stand up. Even though the wolf healed my wounds it could not heal my sprain. Out of the blue, I hear my voice being called out as someone came out from  the trees 

To my surprise, I saw a worried Jimin who dashed towards me as he saw my wrecked form. 

"Y/N are you okay?"He asked worriedly checking my body for any injuries. 

"I am fine, just sprained a leg" I whispered not in a mood to hold up my act of hate. All of a sudden the students and teachers gathered around me 

and before I knew I was back in the tent with a lecturing class teacher, a worried-looking Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Rose, Lisa and Eunwoo behind. 

Guess I have a lot to hear and explain tonight.