Lost boy

Daenera woke up from a deep sleep and reached out for her newborn baby lying in the cradle next to her bed. But her hand found only empty space. She sat up immediately, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Where is my baby?" she cried out loud, her voice echoing through the room.

She looked around frantically, hoping to catch a glimpse of her child, but it was nowhere to be seen. Panic set in, and she jumped out of bed, stumbling as she searched for any signs of the baby.

As she frantically searched the room, she noticed that the window was open, even though it was the middle of the night and the air was cold. Her heart sank as she realized what might have happened.

"Saera!" she screamed, her voice hoarse with desperation. "What have you done?"

She ran out of the room, heading straight for Saera's quarters. Bursting through the door, she saw Saera sitting calmly on the bed, a smug look on her face.

"Where is my baby?" Daenera demanded, her eyes blazing with anger.

Saera shrugged nonchalantly. "What baby? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me!" Daenera shouted. "I know you took my child. Give him back to me now!"

Saera smirked. "I can assure you, Daenera, I did not take your child. Mabye, my brother, decided to carry him into the sea and let the waves wash over him like he should've when that baby was born."

"You bitch."

As Daenera left Saera's quarters, she realized that she could not search for the baby alone. She needed help, and the first person she thought of was Aemond, her husband. She made her way to his chambers, where she found him still sleeping soundly.

"Aemond," she whispered, shaking his shoulder gently. "Wake up, something terrible has happened."

Aemond stirred and opened his eyes, his expression immediately turning to concern as he saw the tears in Daenera's eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting up in bed.

Daenera explained what had happened, and Aemond's face turned red with anger.

"She did what?" he said, his fists clenched.

Together, they gathered a group of trusted guards and set out to search the kingdom for the missing baby. They went door to door, questioning everyone they met, and scouring every inch of the kingdom for any sign of the child.

Daenera was consumed with worry and despair, and Aemond was barely able to keep his temper in check.

She paced back and forth in their chambers, her heart heavy with worry. Despite their best efforts, they had been unable to find any trace of their son. She knew that time was running out, and they needed to find him soon.

"Aemond," she said, turning to face him. "I need to do a location spell. I know it's risky, but we have to try everything we can to find him."

He looked at her, his expression pained. He knew how much this meant to her, and he shared her desperation to find their child.

"I understand," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "But you know the risks. The spell could fail, or worse, it could lead us down the wrong path."

"I know," she replied, her voice firm. "But we have to try. We can't just sit here and wait for something to happen."

Aemond nodded his agreement, and together, they prepared for the spell. Daenera gathered the necessary ingredients, while Aemond created the protective circle. They worked in silence, their nerves stretched thin with anticipation.

Finally, the spell was ready. She closed her eyes and began to chant, her voice rising in pitch as she focused all her energy on the spell. Aemond watched her intently, his heart pounding in his chest.

But as the chanting reached its climax, something went wrong. A strange wind began to blow through the room, extinguishing the candles and scattering the ingredients. Daenera stumbled back, her eyes wide with shock. There it was again, the twinge in her belly.

"It's failed," she said, her voice hollow. "I don't understand. I did everything right." She felt useless.

Aemond rushed to her side, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace.

"It's okay," he said, his voice soothing. "We'll find another way. We won't give up until we find him."

Tears swelled in her eyes. "I can't lose another child, Aemond."

"Shhhh, it's okay. I will go search for him again, okay?"

Daenera nodded, tears streaming down her face. She knew that he was right, but the failure of the spell had left her feeling helpless and defeated.

Aemond stormed into Saera's chambers, his face twisted with anger. Saera, who was sitting at her vanity brushing her hair, looked up in surprise.

"What are you doing here, Aemond?" she asked, setting down her brush.

"I know what you've done," Aemond growled. "You've taken my son."

Saera's eyes widened in surprise. "I don't know what you're talking about," she said, her voice wavering slightly.

"Don't play dumb with me," Aemond snapped. "I know that you're the one who orchestrated the kidnapping. And I want my son back."

Saera's expression softened slightly. "I did it for you, Aemond," she said. "I thought that if I could give you a child of your own, you would finally see me as more than just your sister."

Aemond's face darkened. "You had no right to do this," he said. "And now you've put my wife through hell. She's been inconsolable since our son was taken."

"She deserves it." Saera mumbled. "But I never meant to hurt you, Aemond."

"Well, you did. And now you're going to fix it. You're going to return my son to me, and you're going to keep your involvement in this a secret from Daenera. If you do that, I won't have you executed for treason."

"You won't tell her?"

"This is serious, Saera. I want my son back. Safe with not a single scratch."

"Thank you." She whispered.

Aemond snarled. "Don't mistake my mercy for weakness," he said. "I'm doing this for the sake of my family. But make no mistake, Saera. If you ever cross me again, I won't hesitate to end you."

With that, he turned on his heel and stormed out of the room, leaving Saera alone with her thoughts. She knew that what she had done was wrong, but she couldn't help feeling a sense of bitterness towards Aemond. Why couldn't he love her the way she loved him?

But as she thought about the consequences of her actions, she knew that she had to make things right. She would return the baby to Aemond, and she would keep her involvement in the kidnapping a secret from Daenera.