The Black Queen

Prince Daemon and Queen Rhaenyra had finally taken King's Landing after a long and bloody siege.

As they approached the Red Keep, the guards stationed at the gates quickly moved aside to allow them entry. Once inside, they made their way to the throne room, where they found a group of guards holding Alicent Hightower, Queen Helaena, Saera, and Daenera.

"Ah, lady, Stark. What a sight for sore eyes." Daemon said. "Why is she chained?"

"She was trying to escape." The guard explained.

"Now, why would you ever want to do that?" Daemond asked her, but she spat in his face.

He simply smiled and wiped the spit off his face. "You remind me of myself." He said to her. "Bring her before the Queen," Daemon ordered.

The guards brought Daenera before Queen Rhaenyra, who was seated on the Iron Throne with her sons Viserys Joffery and Aegon by her side. As soon as she saw Daenera, she knew who she was.

"Daenera Stark," Queen Rhaenyra said.

"My Queen." Daenera replied with a straight face.

"You are as beautiful as Prince Maegor described." Rhaenyra said.

"Is that all you have to say to me?" Daenera asked, shaking her head.

Rhaenyra sighed. "Is there something else I should be saying?"

"You killed my son he was only four years old! He didn't deserve to be assassinated for the sins of his father!"

Queen Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon looked at each other, unsure of how to respond.

"We understand your anger," Queen Rhaenyra said. "My son was a child too."

"But my son had nothing to do with that!" Daenera cried. "He was just a child. Your son was at war mine wasn't."

"I know," Queen Rhaenyra said, her voice softening. "And I'm truly sorry for your loss. But we are at war, and sometimes innocent people get caught in the crossfire."

"I won't accept that," Daenera said, her voice trembling with emotion. "My son was not collateral damage. He was a person with a life and a future ahead of him. And now he's gone because of your vengeance. He was so scared.

Prince Daemon stepped forward. "We didn't want this war nor start it. But we had to fight for what we believe in. We had to fight for the Iron Throne."

"But at what cost?" Daenera said, tears streaming down her face. "How many more innocent lives will be lost before this war is over? How many more mothers will be left to mourn their children?"

Queen Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon shared a look, both feeling the weight of her words.

"We will do everything in our power to minimize the loss of life," Queen Rhaenyra said. "But we can not guarantee that there won't be more casualties."

Daenera looked at them both, her eyes filled with pain and anger. "Would you like to know the last words my son said to me before his head was sliced off his shoulders in front of me? Mommy, help me, that's what he said. I will never forgive you for what you've done to my son. And I will never forget."

"You're right. But tell me....... where you visit when you want to mourn your son?" Rhaenyra asked.

"I don't understand."

"Where did you bury him?" Rhaenyra asked.

"We burnt him."

"You burnt him." Rhaenyra repeated. "I didn't get to. There wasn't a grave for me to sit by or a body for me to mourn. And I am sorry you lost your son, but what would you do if you were me?"

Daenera shook her head. "I'd kill the person who killed my son. Not an innocent child."

"I suppose you're right."

The two women stared at each other in silence until Daenera spoke again. "I ask that you let my son and I go."

"No." Daemon and Rhaenyra quickly answered.

"Your husband is still out there. He is a threat, and you have a part to play." Daemon said to her.

"I will never help you kill Aemond."

"You will." He said to her, then turned to the guard. "Take her to her chambers and keep her there."

The guards grabbed her roughly and brought her to her room.

Just as she sat down, Maegor entered her room and closed the door behind him. She hadn't seen him in years, and she felt a sudden rush of emotions as he strode towards her.

"Daenera," he said, his voice low and husky. "It's been too long."

She stood up from her chair, her heart racing as she took in Maegor's rugged features and piercing eyes. "Maegor," she replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

Maegor stepped closer, and Daenera could feel the heat of his breath on her face. Without thinking, she threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

He held her close, his hands tracing the contours of her back. For a moment, they were lost in each other, caught up in a flood of memories and emotions.

Then, Maegor pulled away slightly, his hands moving to cup her face. She looked up at him, her heart pounding in her chest.

For a moment, they gazed into each other's eyes, their breaths mingling.

"Maegor, we... we can't do this," she said, her voice shaking.

He looked at her, his expression darkening. "Why not? We're both adults, and we both know what we want."

"I'm married, Maegor. And you're - "

"I know what I am," Maegor interrupted, his voice rough. "But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy each other's company. Just for a little while."

Daenera couldn't help but give him a small smile. Aemond is the man she loved, and she couldn't betray him. But Maegor was a dear friend, and there was history.

In the end, it was Daemon's voice that broke the moment. "Maegor, we have more pressing matters to attend to."

Maegor turned to face his father, a look of annoyance on his face. "Yes, of course. Duty calls."

He turned back to Daenera, his eyes lingering on her for a moment longer. "Until next time, cousin."

And with that, he was gone, leaving her alone with her thoughts and her conflicted feelings. She knew that she had made the right decision.