Chapter 10

"Where is he? Huh, where is your husband? He's not coming is he?" Badi maa laughed

"Where is he? Huh, where is your husband? He's not coming is he?" Badi maa laughed. I didn't say anything and just remained silent.

"He doesn't want you Anika, the earlier you realise it, the better. He would never love someone like you. In fact you don't deserve anyone else" Amaira smirked.

"That is what happens when you steal someone else's life. He was supposed to be my Amaira's husband but as always you wanted what she wanted. But don't worry he will realise soon that you are not good enough." They walked away laughing. I was trying so hard to control my tears and blinked my eyes. They don't deserve my tears. Usually I would've said something but I was already frustrated with the situation and I didn't want it to escalate.

Badi maa always wanted to marry Amiara into a rich and reputed family and when Neel didn't happen her next potential groom was Kartavya. She and Bade Papa had already sent a proposal but they rejected it since Dadu already arranged mine with Kartavya without them knowing.

"Anika, what happened? The dinner is getting cold, is he coming?" I heard Bhaiya's voice. "Are you okay Gudiya?" He asked when he neared me.

"Yes I'm fine. No he's not picking up the phone, maybe he's busy. Let's wait some more, okay." I tried to act normally but nothing went unnoticed by my brother.

"Why did you look like you were about to cry? Did they say something?" He looked in the direction the mother-daughter duo went. I knew if I said anything there would be a huge fight.

"Nothing, I just realised how much I miss you guys." I said with a smile trying to convince him.

"We miss you so much too. Why don't you come and stay here for a few days? " he said, steering me towards the living room. When we went into the living room Vivaan Bhai was there.

"Hi Bhai." I gave him a hug. He didn't do anything to hurt us so maintained his distance with us but he was also a child like us scared of his parents and knew what his parents and sister were doing wrong and tried to help us without them knowing as much as he could. As we grew older he stopped fearing his parents, since then we've been close.

"Hi, Ani, how are you and where is that husband of yours?" He looked around the house as if searching for Kartavya.

"He's not here, he's a little late." I said hoping he'd be here soon.

We waited for another hour and realised he wasn't coming and started eating dinner. I was disappointed and angry. If he wasn't coming he could just tell me. Why make us wait like this?

Bhaiya was also angry at him for not making time for me. But I pacified him by telling how busy he's been since the deal was signed with the German company.

I was in my old room trying to call him and still no answer. At this point I was worried about him, what if something happened to him. Worried, I called Mihir. Who answered immediately.