Chapter 36

"Who allowed you in here?" A booming voice came from behind us

"Who allowed you in here?" A booming voice came from behind us. We turned around to look at the person. Oh fuck! This man is a fucking giant with a towering height and broad shoulders. His long hair tied back in a sleek ponytail. His looks are what we call rugged handsome. Cladded in  a well tailored suit that hugged his shoulders perfectly combined with neatly trimmed beard, he looked like a GQ model. But compared to Avy his beauty fades in the background, I may be biased but I don't care. When I looked at his face he had a mean scowl on his and he was glaring daggers at me. I moved closer to Avy at the intensity of his glare.

"Stop terrorising my wife you fucking asshole." Avy hissed, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. The man immediately lost the glare as soon he heard what Avy said, but it still remained cold.

"You still haven't answered my question." My eyes keep bouncing between them. "Who allowed you into my horse's stable?"

"Oh I'm sorry, you know I just wante—" Avy interrupted me before I could explain.

"I don't need anyone's permission to do anything." We moved closer to where he was standing. "Since when did you decide to come out of hibernation?"

"Since I heard there was going to be drama." He smirked, "The wife and the ex, you couldn't have been more lucky." Avy rolled his eyes.

"Hello, I'm here." I snapped, not liking how they were talking about me as I wasn't here. The guy chuckled.

"Hi, Anika. I'm Ekansh Rathore. This grumpy grouch's cousin and best friend. It's nice to meet you finally." He forwarded his hand for a handshake. I shook his hand and passed him a small smile.

"Hi, how do you know my name?" I raised my eyebrow. "I don't think I've seen you at the wedding and we've never met before."

"Of Course, I know everything about my best friend. Yes I wasn't at the wedding. But how could I not know Om Rajvansh's little princess."

"You are no best friend of mine, especially not when you ditched my wedding." Avy huffed. Ekansh moved closer and pulled Avy into a hug. Avy grunted but hugged him back. "You are an asshole you know, you could have at least returned my calls." After breaking the hug Avy pulled me closer and introduced him. "Ani, this is Ekansh, Komal Dadi's first grandchild, and pain in my ass." Ekansh smirked. What's with these cousins and their smirks

"Oh, hey." I smiled and he passed me a small smile.

"I was busy, you know I wasn't even going to attend this wedding, but you know how Dadi gets when she wants something. She literally called and harassed my personal assistant and bodyguard until I agreed to come to the wedding." He sighed. "Come on, let's sit and talk." We walked to the seating area near the stables and sat down.

"How are Kartavya. how is married life treating you? ." Ekansh asked, but without letting Avy answer he fired another question at me. "I hope he is treating you well and is not being dick to you, Anika"