Chapter 25

"Ani kya hua, you are pale

"Ani kya hua, you are pale." Sakshi stood in front of me placing her hands on my shoulders. I took my eyes off them and looked at my best friend. Concern was evident all over her face. I shook my head.

(What happened?)

"Nothing, let's go." Even though I said that my legs refused to move.

"Okay chalo." She linked our arms together and we walked towards them. As we grew closer to them Sakshi became rigid. "Isn't she, Isn't she Kartavya's ex?" she looked at me as if she understood why I stood frozen back there. I sighed nodding my head.

"Why the fuck are they talking to her like as if they just found a long lost friend." She fumed. She doesn't know the whole story. I haven't gotten the time to tell her.

"I will tell you later." She nodded. They noticed us coming closer and their expressions changed as if they just realised I was with them. I just smiled, wanting to make things less awkward.

"Bhabhi, are you guys done purchasing." I asked them.

"Oh yes Anika, it's done." She smiled. "Hi Sakshi." Sakshi nodded and looked at the other person standing there. Bhabhi cleared her throat and looked at me. "Anika, this is Mahira, uh um— "

"I'm her old friend. Hi, nice to meet you." Mahira finished. I turned and looked at her for the first time since I came here. She held out her hand for a shake. She was beautiful in her light blue boyfriend jeans and white tank top. Her smile seems genuine but there is something in her eyes I couldn't pinpoint.

"Hi, I'm Anika." I shook her hand with a strained smile.

"So you must be the lucky girl who married Kartavya. hmm" She muttered with a small smile. The way she said it irked me as if she couldn't believe he was married to me. Sakshi's hand tightened on mine.

"Yes, I'm." I forced a smile. "Bhabhi, Sakshi and I are going to go buy something. You can give me a call when you are done and we will meet again." We started to leave from there but Mahira's voice stopped me.

"Anika, wait you guys came out to go shopping and I am here to shop as well. Do you mind if I join you guys, I'm all alone and Avni, it will be so good to spend some time with you guys." Oh god what a headache. The only day I spend some time with my sisters-in-law is when my husband's ex shows up.

Wow, Anika. This could only happen to you.

When Bhabhi was about to say something Mahira interrupted. "Please don't say no. I am all alone right now. I don't even have any friends. Please please." she joined her hands and begged.

Bhabhi sighed and nodded her head. "Okay fine." Will she leave if I said I don't want her here. "Okay then let's go. Ani, here's the bag and your card."

"Bhabhi did you make the purchase with my card?" I frowned. I haven't gotten any message regarding the purchase.

"Actually Kartavya already sent his card with Andrew and all the purchases are on his card." My frown deepened.