Chapter 49

Comment and Vote guys~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~

The days following my conversation with Avy felt like a whirlwind. However, my uncle's situation took a troubling turn. He became entangled in legal troubles, facing allegations of fraud and money laundering. The police detained him for interrogation, launching a thorough investigation. Sanjay and his family were overwhelmed by the unfolding events, struggling to cope with the recent developments.

Sanjay and his family seemed to be bombarding Bhaiya and Dadu's phones, desperately seeking their assistance in resolving this crisis. However, as the alleged masterminds behind the situation, Bhaiya and Dadu chose to ignore their calls. When I reached out to Dadu yesterday, I found Bhaiya and him in high spirits, sharing drinks and hearty laughter, almost as if they were revelling in the turmoil surrounding Sanjay. Curious about their perspective, I inquired about Dadi, and Dadu informed me that she was indeed saddened by the situation.

Nevertheless, she believed that the predicament Sanjay and his family found themselves in was of their own making, and her sorrow was primarily for the young child she had raised, who had always been a gentle and non-harming soul. 

In all these I'm happy even though it's been more than a decade to get justice, we are finally getting it even  if it's not for our abuse. At least they are losing everything that is close to them and the money and status they love so much.

As I returned and sat down on my desk from a group meeting I saw a parcel waiting for me along with a single lily on my desk. A smile grazed on my lip. I reached for the parcel with a giddy feeling. Even though lily is not my favourite flower I still kinda appreciate the gesture. I smelled the flower and placed it down with a smile and picked up the parcel and opened to find a note. I opened it.

Can't wait to meet you.

It's just that. I frowned and flipped the note to see if it has a sender's address. But it has nothing. So I placed it in the box and picked up my phone.

Anika: Did you send me a note and lily?

I sent the text to Avy and waited for his response but I did not get one. After a few minutes I still did not get a reply, maybe he is busy. So I put the flower and the box aside and concentrated on my work. During lunch me and Atul were in my cabin having lunch as there is a lot of work. Halfway through lunch I decided to ask him about the parcel I received.

"Atul?" I called. His spoon stopped mid way to his mouth as he looked at me. "Did you put any parcel on my desk?" He frowned and thought for a bit but a small smile grazed his lips.

"Oh yes, I did. Mr. Raichand is really a romantic guy. He takes so much care of you." He teased with a wiggle of his eyebrow. I frowned.

"Did you see it was Kartavya who sent them ?"

"No, the delivery guy just delivered and went away. I did not see who it was sent from." He said and looked at me furrowed borrows. "Since it was a flower and usually you get that from Mr.Raichand. So I took it from him and placed them on your desk."