Chapter 62

Healing from trauma isn't an overnight process

Healing from trauma isn't an overnight process. It's a journey that requires patience, support and self compassion. The physical wounds have healed all the bruises have been fading. But the wounds I suffered mentally are harder to heal.

In all these the one thing that has been constant is Avy and my family’s support. Avy has been by my side through it all. Even when I tried to hide things from him he was persistent and wouldn’t let me shut myself off from him.

That is what he is doing right now. “It's okay, I’m right here. You are safe.” He murmured in my ear as I sat on his lap after yet another nightmare. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and buried my face in his neck as silent tears streamed down my face. It’s always the same nightmare.

One minute I would be with Avy laughing and all happy and the next minute I’m trapped in that cold dark basement with Vishal. He would assault me and tried to rape me. Everytime I woke up screaming, Avy was right beside me, holding, soothing me and reassuring me that I’m safe. 

I pulled back from Avy, he pushed my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. “Feeling better?” He asked against my lips, I shook my head and closed my lips against his. He sighed pulling me closer and kissed me tenderly as his hands threaded into my hair. 

“I want you.” I whispered. Avy looked hesitant. “Avy please I need you right now.” I looked at him pleadingly. He looked at me intently for a few minutes before nodding. He laid me down and hovered over me. He held the bottom of the t-shirt with uncertainty.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded my head. He slowly pulled the t-shirt over my head and threw it away. I was naked underneath except for the shorts I was wearing. He released a breath looking at my body.

Avy kissed me tenderly at first exploring my mouth. His tongue licking my lips. My hand explored underneath his t-shirt. He continued kissing me along my jaw down my neck. He sucked my collar bone that had my toes curling as I clenched my hands in his hair. 

“God I missed you Ani.” He whispered, as he left tender kisses on the swell of my breast as his hand followed. 

“I missed you too.” I wrapped my hands around his neck and then slowly explored his muscled back. His thumb teases my nipple until it's erect and my breast feels heavy. I watched as his tongue tasted and traced the line between my breasts. His lips closed around me and he sucked long and hard.

“Ah!” I groaned, inhaling sharply. I pulled him up to my face and nibbled his jaw, licking down his neck fist my one hand in his hair and the other digging into his shoulder. Avy’s hand travelled down over my stomach to my pussy.