Chapter 16

I was speechless

I was speechless. I didn't know he felt this way about me. All I know is that yeah he is attracted to me but not only physically. And hearing him say that he shared the same feelings as me made me immensely happy.

I was scared that this was going to be my life where we would always be more like roommates and maybe even friends since he made it clear in the beginning that he wanted nothing to do with me and I would be stuck with for life without actually knowing what love is. I was not interested in him in the beginning but slowly but surely I started having feelings for him. I wouldn't say it's love because it's still early.

"You really like me?" I croaked, dumbfounded. I still can't believe it, I thought I would have to suffer from unrequited love and he would never reciprocate my feelings.

"Yes Anika,I really like you and I want to make this marriage work."

"But what about what you said on our wedding night?" I want to know that he is sure of his feelings. I don't want to get hurt in the future.

"I was a fucking Idiot at that time. Mein gusse mein tha, mujhe blackmail kiya tha Maa aur Dadi ne. Aur mujhe aap par bhi thoda narazgi tha ki aap bina mujhe mila bina mujhe jane aisa kaise rishte ko haan kardiya."

(I was angry, Mom and grandma were blackmailing me. And I was a little angry at you for saying yes to this marriage without knowing me or even meeting me.)

"Haan, mein janti hu main bhi aap se nazar thi. Mujhe bhi yeh shadi nahi karni thi. Par Dadu ke baat ko mein mana nahi kar sakhi. So, I was hoping you would say no. My grandparents are my everything. They brought us up with so much love and care and made sure we never felt the absence of our parents."

(I was mad at you too, even though I didn't want to marry you but i can not say no to grandpa.)

"I can understand doing anything for the family. I did the same and thought I would keep you at arms length but that didn't go as planned." He chuckled a little. " I thought if I'll be mean to you you will maintain your distance, but looking at you and your eyes I could never be mean to you. Even If by some chance I was mean to you I would feel guilty till I apologise."

"My eyes?" I questioned.

"Is that all you got from what I said?" Kartavya shook his head with a small smile. "Yes, your eyes. They are so beautiful I just want to keep looking at them. They change shades according to your mood and it's mesmerising to watch." I blushed, biting my lip and I looked at him. He brought his right hand up and caressed my cheek. For the first time I saw his eyes soften and there was a tender look in his eyes.

There is that damn pull again. It was always present between us , the desire and the tension. I could taste it on my tongue. I want to explore this thing with him and see where this new phase of my life will take us. We have a lot to figure out between us and I am ready to do it one day at a time.