CHAPTER 3

~ Everybody has a chapter that they don't read out loud.

I slept off and did not wake up any time till 11. Sleeping is that one place away from reality, in fact I get really good sleep after crying. I wish I could just forget yesterday, but that was not the case. I was still sober about yesterday.

Should I just go visit mom? No, but I don't want to worry her when I'm already worried. I should just finish off my works. I have no interest in going out today.

I tried doing my assignment. I had to collect data about the values in the market and analyze and compare the growth of it. Not even 5mins into the assignment and my mind went on thinking about the school assignments that I used to do; how fun it was back then. Ugh, I must stop that. I got up the chair and decided to go out because my brain stopped working. I thought going out could help me to freshen up. Such a moody mind I have. 

I took my keys, opened the door and stepped outside. I stood there for a while, like literally. Just outside my house, and then I went in again. What the hell is even wrong with me! Why am I overreacting? Is it my hormones? Probably it is. I went in again and lazily lied down on the bed. I clearly know I am ignoring the main cause of why I am behaving the way I am currently.

I just made myself instant noodles for lunch. By the time I was done it was already 4. I got a call from Amy.

"Hey! What time will you be ready?"

Oh, shoot I forgot. We decided to go for bowling today, that is Amy, Jace, Alex and me. We usually go there quite often.

"Hey! Amy, oh yeah, I completely forgot about that."

"Hmm, that is so not like you, you literally just wait for weekends for this."

"Yeah, well you know, work stress and all I completely just forgot."

"Are you at your house?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Okay, hold up there, I'm coming."

"What no, why, I mean you don't have to, I'll come there-"

And she cut the call. God this girl. Now it's not that I can stop her from coming. So, I make myself a bit descent, that is just wash my face and tie my messy hair up.

There was a ring at my door, and it was Amy.

"Claire!!!!!!!!"

"Amy!!!!!!!!"

Both of us hugged each other and I invited her in.

"Not gonna lie, but I honestly didn't have any mood of going for bowling today. It's good that you forgot."

I just gave her a steep look. And there we were laughing about it.

"Well then inform Alex and Jace that we aren't coming today." I said.

"Okay hold up, I'll call them."

"Jace! Claire and I won't be coming today, we're having a girls night out."

"Let me also join then."

"Oh c'mon Jace."

"Someone won't be able to live without someone, I see."~ I teased them.

"Shut up!" she said and hanged the phone with him.

I could literally hear his "noooo."

 We were busy talking, we watched an episode of big bang theory, and it was already around 6pm. 

She was later telling about her night yesterday, and about her internship and just gossiping about people here and there.

She then asked me if I found the guy whose bracelet I had.

"Yeah um- well I did"

"Okay....... then?"

At this point I feel like I should tell her everything from the start. I haven't really told anyone about this, it was so personal. Right now, it's just, I just want to talk about it to someone. I've had it with myself for so long.

"Okay, so I have something to tell you, it's kind of private, and I haven't really told anyone about this."

"Oh my god, you had something that I dint know, that's new. It's okay go on, I won't tell it to anyone."

"Okay, so this is something that happened 5 years back, and it came back into my life just now."

"Archer?"

"You know him?!"

"No, well that day when I dragged you with me and you left because of God knows what reason. There was this guy who came looking for you. He was tall, handsome, and his hair was omg, his body, he was just perfect. He came and asked me where you were.

"What! He came and asked for me? are you sure it was him?"

"Yes, I was kind of drunk, but I remember him asking this. I told him you ran away with Alex."

"What the hell! Why would you tell him that?"

"I was drunk! But he was just like 'oh', later I just laughed and told him I was joking and had no idea where you went"

"He said, 'oh ok' and left."

"And how do you know that it was him?"

"I heard someone call him by that name and he turned and went there."

"Oh"

I was silent for a while. I was happy for a fact that he did recognize me. But that past just keeps coming back that I can't let go of it. Now I had to tell her everything from the first so that I get rid of the heaviness I have on my shoulders.

"What happened? Are you fine?"

"Yeah, um no so I'll tell you."

"Yes, ma'am I'm all ears."

"Okay, so this was about 5 years back.........."