CHAPTER 17

~I wonder if I cross your mind, half as much as you do mine?

Claire Pov:

Well, guess what, we have a play to do.

Yes! The festa just got over, but come on, my school has been the best always.

We have sports day, Annual day, Festa, fundraising and many other extra activities to encourage us while studying.

The teacher came in to segregate people on what they want to perform during the annual day. My whole group decided to go to the play.

Yes, no one knew how to act, no one knew what story they would act on, but we still went. Just to have fun.

As having fun is always more important in life than anything else. I believe if you enjoy it is more than enough for you to live. Cause some people just survive.

It was different for me though. The play meant more to me than anyone else there.

Archer, Luke, Emma, Luna Anderson, Mason, Tia and me all of us went into the play.

Tia, is one of my other friend, Emma me and her usually hang out together.

I told them I would come up with a story and we can enact it and work upon it and all of them agreed.

I wanted to be a director and actually direct films and show my work on big screens. So maybe this was not that big, but it was a baby step, but still it meant a lot to me.

All of us met up in the last period to discuss about the play in our classroom. The teacher left us free.

More than discussion there was only nonsense happening.

My idea was more of something that would give a message to people as well as entertain them.

I was planning and giving out my ideas, and the only person who kind of valued my speaking was Archer, rest all were talking and fighting and arguing like animals.

"Shut up, just listen to her, so that we can know what to do." Archer said.

It's not that he was too just sitting there listening to me, he too was cracking jokes there, but at least he paid attention to what I was saying.

"Thank you!" I said by nodding at him.

I gave my story idea to them and they were pretty impressed by it.

"okay, so the characters now. Let's decide." I said.

"I'll be the villain." Mason said.

"No way, I'll be." Anderson argued. And then that led to an argument.

"Fine! Let's discuss the characters later, I'm tired." I said.

The last 10 mins we played truth or dare, with a spinning pencil.

That game is epic, it's never boring to play it with boys and girls together and until we run out of questions to ask.

"So Tia, whom would you date from here if you had to?" Archer asked.

"Do I really have to answer it?" she asked.

"YES, YOU HAVE TO!" Everyone started forcing her to answer.

"okay! Okay! I guess Mason." She replied finally.

Everyone went on like "oooo".

"oh shut up! Its Archers turn now." She said.

"spin the pencil first. You cannot choose by yourself." Archer replied.

She spinned it and it landed on me and Mason. Mason asks me.

"Truth or dare."

"Truth."

"Whom would you kiss from here." He asked.

"no one." I replied. The typical answer.

I cannot tell Archer, even though he is better than everyone else here. I know even he doesn't want me to tell him, keeping in mind that we have become pretty close.

If I even tell him it's going to be awkward later, so I just did not tell him.

"Say it! Come on!" Tia forced me to.

"probably Luke." I replied.

"Anderson is heartbroken." Mason said.

"It's always Luke uh?" Luna asked with a smirk.

"Nah, just know him from a long time, so." I said.

"you've known me for the same time as much as you've known Luke." Mason said.

"Yeah, but we weren't close right." I told him.

"true." He replied.

It went on for a while and finally-

It pointed at me and Archer.

Both of us looked at each other and I asked.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Whom would you go out on a date with from here? Chloe, Tia or Emma?"

"Or Claire." Emma added.

"No, I am the one who's asking the question." I said.

"I am not answering it." Archer said.

By that time the class got over and everyone left. Only Archer, Luke and me were there in the classroom.

Luke went out to get some of his notes from the teacher and I was packing my bag. Archer too was packing his bag behind me.

"What if I answer your question?" Archer asked.

"Yes, please. Trust me, it's just a game." I said.

"I guess it would be you." He answered it finally.

I was trying to keep it as neutral as possible, without any over thinking, I was trying my best to keep calm.

"Okay." I said by giving a laugh.

"what's there to laugh?" He asked.

"Nothing, I mean I cannot imagine you kissing someone." I said and he glared at me.

"What? I'm telling the truth." I said.

"Yeah, yeah" He said and we left the class.

I went and told Emma that he answered the question and she thought he told her and I just let her think that. I don't mind. I anyways told him that I wouldn't make it a big deal.

So, till this day she thinks that he told her name.